• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Man Utd (A) 14/8 - Build-Up & Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
IIRC he was briefly linked to Arsenal after his head had #gone; felt like he would have scored in his sleep for them.

IIRC he was briefly linked to Arsenal after his head had #gone; felt like he would have scored in his sleep for them.
I thought he was going to go to Spurs. They only had Adebayor who was in one of his can't be arsed phases and Defoe. Was just before Kane's time.

Would have pushed 20 for them easily.

Defoe + Fletch would have been a stunningly clinical partnership. And Fletcher's hold-up play was also brilliant before his knees went.

Tbf O'Neil should be 0% concerned with how a neutral feels about the "spectacle" of the thing.

Make their eyes bleed for all I care.

We generally do at Old Trafford. Think I remember 2 decent performances there in recent memory. Both games Moutinho scored, the others were does.

Yeah Fletcher should have done more after leaving us. Only really had that first season where he got a similar tally for Sunderland, like Dan said poor choice of club to go to. Classy footballer.

Anybody believes we can get a point here? We have a decent first 11 but not that much more..hope we start with Fabio on top

Of course we can, I wouldn't put money on it but we have plenty of decent players and United aren't that flash. For all the twat predictions that we'll lose 5-0 or worse, United only scored as many as 4 in one single league game last season, and that right at the end of the season against a broken Chelsea in a dead match.

If O'Neil sets up to not lose then we will lose as we simply can't play that way. It's a bit of a free hit for him, look at the Rennes game and play that way with a proper CM instead of Hodge and a striker instead of Cunha who can go where he belongs in behind.

On Tactics:

“It won’t be anything too complicated, there will be some detail to go into the game and how we go about it, but the message from me to the group, to the supporters and to everyone involved will be to attack a game at Old Trafford, see where we can get to, see how we can perform and see where that gets us on the evening, dust ourselves down and go again.”

On Fabio Silva:

“From where I’m sat now, I expect Fabio to be a big part of what we do this season. But it’s the same with a lot of the lads, to be fair, they’ve had fairly good pre-seasons, look sharp, look fit, and obviously it’s my job to keep improving that."

On Sasa:

" I’ve not put real thought into whether he will start or whether he will last 90, but do I think he’s usable and can get something out of him – definitely. But he’s given absolutely everything for two days so we’ll keep working with him, he looks keen, he looks like he wants to impact it.

So, we’ll speak to the fitness coaches and see where he is because we have his best interests at heart as well. It’s not just about throwing him in before he’s ready, so we need to make sure he’s in a safe area fitness-wise and then we can push him hard.”

Of course we can, I wouldn't put money on it but we have plenty of decent players and United aren't that flash. For all the twat predictions that we'll lose 5-0 or worse, United only scored as many as 4 in one single league game last season, and that right at the end of the season against a broken Chelsea in a dead match.

If O'Neil sets up to not lose then we will lose as we simply can't play that way. It's a bit of a free hit for him, look at the Rennes game and play that way with a proper CM instead of Hodge and a striker instead of Cunha who can go where he belongs in behind.
Think Silva should play so we can get in behind more..Cunha a bit slow..like you say Man U rarely score many..lets hope we get something and actually play some football and not just park the bus..

And maybe we will have Sasa off the bench too

We've never even scored against a team containing Philip Billing!
Ye of little faith!

He played against us in both games vs Bournemouth in 2019/20 and we won both.

None of the others though, including for Hudds in the Championship (he was an unused sub when we beat them 3-0 in 2015 and lost 3-1 to them in 2014, when Coady scored for Hudds)

In my book he has problems running away from defenders..but I like him as a player

I'd say he's one of the quickest players in our squad, which wouldn't bode well if you were accurate.

Ye of little faith!

He played against us in both games vs Bournemouth in 2019/20 and we won both.

None of the others though, including for Hudds in the Championship (he was an unused sub when we beat them 3-0 in 2015 and lost 3-1 to them in 2014, when Coady scored for Hudds)
I stand corrected. Are you pulling me up because of the Rupert thing?

I can't fucking wait until you get something else wrong. Spelling, grammar, anything... I'll be waiting.

I'd say he's one of the quickest players in our squad, which wouldn't bode well if you were accurate.
Lets hope im wrong then and you are right..

You're definitely wrong
He has gotten a bit quicker this season but not the quickest still..I stand corrected though if im wrong..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back