• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Man Utd (A) 14/8 - Build-Up & Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
4 years ago this week since the 1-1 draw when Neves scored one of my favourite goals off the underside of the bar.

Remember top six teams genuinely fearing having to come to Molineux and now we're back to going there keeping it tight and hoping we don't get slapped.

It makes 2018-20 feel even more surreal like we've snapped back to reality.

Yeah just about every prediction I’ve seen has us going down this season. Not long ago we genuinely went to old Trafford in a belief we could win now feels more like the 09-12 era where it was just blind hope.

I know Mick had a lot of credit in the bank, rightfully so, but this squad is miles more talented than anything we could have put on the pitch during that turn-of-the-decade Prem stint.

I know Mick had a lot of credit in the bank, rightfully so, but this squad is miles more talented than anything we could have put on the pitch during that turn-of-the-decade Prem stint.
I'd have 2012's Jarvis, Kightly and Fletcher in our starting XI in a heartbeat.

Not really anyone else.

I'd have 2012's Jarvis, Kightly and Fletcher in our starting XI in a heartbeat.

Not really anyone else.
Aye, think that's about my list (although, poor Jarvo, I never warmed to him like many had the chance to pre-2011). Fletch for certain, Kightly if the poor lad wasn't made of paper.

SEB just because I fucking love the bloke.

Not Foley for Semedo?
Nah, Kev never properly stepped up at PL level, shame really. Zubar played way more at RB than he did (which probably knocked five years off my life expectancy).

Foley's best PL game was probably in CM at Anfield when we won 1-0.

Nah, Kev never properly stepped up at PL level, shame really. Zubar played way more at RB than he did (which probably knocked five years off my life expectancy).
I'm so mad that his "highlight reel" from playing CB at Marseille isn't on youtube anymore. ~3:30 of absolute comedy.

Just another player whose athleticism got him a free pass with scout after scout, I suppose.

I'm so mad that his "highlight reel" from playing CB at Marseille isn't on youtube anymore. 3:30 of absolute comedy.

Just another player whose athleticism got him a free pass with scout after scout, I suppose.
We definitely signed him as a CH. One game up against Billy Paynter of Swindon and we parked that idea for good, he was shocking.

We also tried to get rid of him in the same window we signed him :D Wanted to swap him with Monaco for this shitbeak:

Going forwards we can definitely get at these. But at the same time we can lose 2-3 goals far too easily.

I think GON will match them up man for man 4-2-3-1 and try and keep it fairly deep defensively, a tight game and on the counter.

Admit I'm biased, but I'd start the SEB from that team tomorrow over unproven Fabio and unfit Sasha.

We definitely signed him as a CH. One game up against Billy Paynter of Swindon and we parked that idea for good, he was shocking.

We also tried to get rid of him in the same window we signed him :D Wanted to swap him with Monaco for this shitbeak:

I think back to those early days I was here and remember defending Zubes a lot... But then I also remember you and I didn't exactly get along at that time...

Hm. I think I'm drawing a connection. ;)

I think back to those early days I was here and remember defending Zubes a lot... But then I also remember you and I didn't exactly get along at that time...

Hm. I think I'm drawing a connection. ;)
I was an angry young man then, I'm just a grumpy old get now. Much better :D

He was 2011 but I'd have Marcus Hahnemann over Sá
OIP.pgN0-mtQUq3Wp560z8mkZwHaE6

More than that I reckon. He got 10 and 12 for us in his two seasons here, 8 for a crap relegated Burnley team before that then 11 in only 28 games for a mediocre Sunderland.

He was superb, should have found a far better club than he did when he left us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back