• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Man City (H) 30/9: Build-Up & Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The pricing is nonsense, season tickets included but matchday tickets even more so. We all know this.

However:

1) We'll never have a league gate below 28k all season, won't be many significantly below 30k, so talk of gates dropping off sharply is way off the mark, for now at least
2) There were similar gaps shown online the day before the Liverpool game (on TV) and there were very few gaps actually there on the day
3) Point 2 isn't new, it hasn't been hard to get tickets for a long while, even when we were good under Nuno, it's largely a myth that people who never go but I would if I could like to peddle, just turns out their very specific individual circumstances for buying a ticket never actually exist
4) The novelty of "watch these good players on the opposing team" went 4-5 years ago to your casual fan let alone now, so it's kind of immaterial now that they're really good
5) If you do go match-by-match, we have home games on consecutive weekends here, if you can only afford one then you'd pick Villa, wouldn't you (on a footballing and atmosphere level)

Last edited:
We're going to both the next 2 home games, going to try to enjoy them some how, its not gunna be easy. Hoping we put in a battling performance tomorrow and at least we get to see some terrific players. Maybe we'll scam a win against Villa? Don't think they've been very good so far this season.

Villa have a rubbish recent record against us at Molineux, only one they've won in the last decade was a bit of a last minute robbery and in lockdown too so no fans. Otherwise they tend to not turn up. Even Lage managed to totally boss them in the home game.

They're obviously better than us on the whole as it stands but despite our fans hating him they do miss Mings (the only leader they have at the back) and you can get at them. Buendia a big loss too.

The pricing is nonsense, season tickets included but matchday tickets even more so. We all know this.

However:

1) We'll never have a league gate below 28k all season, won't be many significantly below 30k, so talk of gates dropping off sharply is way off the mark, for now at least

2) There were similar gaps shown online the day before the Liverpool game (on TV) and there were very few gaps actually there on the day
3) Point 2 isn't new, it hasn't been hard to get tickets for a long while, even when we were good under Nuno, it's largely a myth that people who never go but I would if I could like to peddle, just turns out their very specific individual circumstances for buying a ticket never actually exist
4) The novelty of "watch these good players on the opposing team" went 4-5 years ago to your casual fan let alone now, so it's kind of immaterial now that they're really good
5) If you do go match-by-match, we have home games on consecutive weekends here, if you can only afford one then you'd pick Villa, wouldn't you (on a footballing and atmosphere level)
Actually not sure the gaps were anything like as extensive. As with this game I kept checking often to grab an extra ticket - there were certainly gaps the day before but nothing like it’s showing now.

The gate was 31,543 against Liverpool.

If it's 1,000 or lower than that tomorrow I'd be very surprised.

I have two up for resale on the the Wolves site :)
FYI, they only sell season tickets up for resale once they've sold all other tickets unless they've changed since moving to Ticketmaster

FYI, they only sell season tickets up for resale once they've sold all other tickets unless they've changed since moving to Ticketmaster
Thought that too, but actually put 3 up and one has sold already.

Oh! That's good, they must have actually made a positive change!
Actually makes more financial sense for the club if they sell the unwanted STH seats first, as they're getting 20% on top for doing nothing, and a seat's a seat, what do they care where it is.

Probably the best line up in the situation really. NOT a fan of Dawson/Semedo in that right hand channel though.

Think I'd have put the extra man in midfield rather than at the back. I hope it's not a flat 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back