• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Man City Carabao Cup Build Up Thread

LG Wolf

Reaction score
Change the whole team for me and keep them fresh for the 3 league games (including 2 long trips) in 6 days coming up. Looking forward to the day out but not remotely fussed if we lose.

-------------------Norris-------------------

----Bennett-------Boly------Hause--------

Marshall-----Price------ALF--------Vinagre

Bright------------Costa---------Ronan----

Subs - Ruddy, Doherty, Batth, Saiss, Goncalves, Cavaleiro, Wilson

N'Diaye, presumably?

Think the first team players will want to play in this. Could cause a bit of morale loss if the likes of Jota don't get to play here. I would go full strength and go for it

Marshall probably won't play RWB, he doesn't have the pace or the fitness to get up and down the line. I also think he will be sold in the winter transfer period.

I expect Doc to start.

As Kenny has said, if we were going to try Marshall at RWB we would have done it by now. Could easily have put him there against Bristol Rovers but we went with Buur instead. Nuno obviously doesn't think it's the role for him.

Norris, Vinagre, Hause, Boly, N'Diaye and Costa will all surely start. Tbh I'd have no problem with any of them starting a league fixture so team changes are fine by me. It's then down to Nuno whether he wants to use further fringe players like Price/Ronan/Marshall to fill in the rest of the gaps or if he wants to give Neves/Jota etc the chance to prove a point on a big(gish) stage. Hard to read signs so far from the previous games - Boly, Jota and Leo all featured against Yeovil when you might not have expected them to, he decided to play all our first choice back three (from who was fit) against Bristol Rovers. He may see this as an opportunity to pit himself directly against Pep - as an ultra-ambitious guy this is the level he will like to operate on one day - and we can only do that if we go fairly strong.

Leo is the only player I would say we absolutely cannot risk at this stage, he's too important to us and we can't directly replace him.

My first away day since 2008 (excepting a very pleasant trip to Bala in July...but that's kind of different) and first trip back to Manchester in almost a decade - I haven't been able to travel for a very long time. Looking forward to it!

City fans seem to think they'll go something like:

--------------------Bravo-----------------

Danilo------Mangala-----Adarabioyo---Zinchenko

-------------Gündogan-----Toure--------------

---------B Silva------Diaz------Sané------------

--------------------Agüero---------------------------

We cant go into the City game with the normal League Cup side we'll get hammered, it has to be near full strength.

I'd go with a fully changed team with the exception of Douglas staying in as I'd play Vinagre on Saturday. RWB will be a square peg of some description, but I'd still not play Doherty.

I'd go:

-------------------Norris-------------------

----Bennett-------Boly------Hause--------

Prince-----Price------N'Diaye--------Douglas

Costa-----------Wilson---------Ronan----

He played right back for the U23s last week, perhaps with this in mind.

I'd probably give Vinagre some game time for the sake of sharpness, but I'd unquestionably play him at QPR

Norris

Boly Miranda Hause

Doherty Neves N'Daiye Vinagre

Costa Jota Enobakhare

Norris

Boly Miranda Hause

Costa Jota Enobakhare

That would be my team, although it wouldn't surprise me to see Nuno play Bennett at RWB instead of Doherty.

Are you staying in Manchester tomorrow Mr Lycan?

I'd go with a fully changed team with the exception of Douglas staying in as I'd play Vinagre on Saturday. RWB will be a square peg of some description, but I'd still not play Doherty.

Agree, Would change the complete team, would also rest Douglas who is working his way back to first team match fitness.

I think he'll rest Doherty. Prince seems to be lined up as mentioned he played RB for the U23s. Don't think he'd play Buur away at Man City.

Norris

Boly Miranda Hause

Costa Jota Enobakhare

I think this would be my team, maybe Cavaleiro instead of Jota. I could see the midfield being Saiss/Price and N'Diaye as well.

I'd like us to really go for it but I think Nuno will rest quite a few but keep a couple of first team players as he has done generally so far. Hard to predict who though!

That would be my team, although it wouldn't surprise me to see Nuno play Bennett at RWB instead of Doherty.

Are you staying in Manchester tomorrow Mr Lycan?

I'm booked onto the night bus back after the game but tbh I'm still not sure if I'm going to go.

I should've given Dan my ticket after the PNE game but I completely forgot.

Back