• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Loan Watch 2015/2016

Evans is quality and should be here this season but has been managed poorly by Jackett. If you saw his goal at the weekend it was pretty much all of his own making as it was him pressing that won Bradford the ball back and he then finished excellently.

I didn't so much have a problem with sending him out on loan in the first half of the season as he barely featured for us after Christmas last time out, we'd signed Coady for decent money who was obviously going to get a run in the team and Price and McDonald were still here. However once it was revealed that Coady can't play football and it was demonstrated for the 150th time that Dave Edwards can't play in central midfield we should have brought him back in January.

The lack of footballing ability in our current midfield three is a scandal. I'll give Saville a pass for now as there are some decent elements to his game (long way to go though) but the other two can fuck off.

I think Saville has been one of the few bright sparks of this season tbh. He's impressed me in a number of different roles in KJ's mental formations.

I agree about Saville. He's come back and looked genuinely useful, and is still inexperienced at Championship level. He's sure to improve, in my eyes, and when he does he'll become a good midfielder in this division.

I agree that in a season with few redeeming features Saville has been one of them. Then just when he looked like he may turn into a competent central midfielder Jackett shoved him out on the left of the rhombus where he does his best but looks uncomfortable. My jury is still out, but I have a higher opinion of him than I did at the start of the season, there is probably only Graham who I'd add to that particular list.

Lee Evans scores again for Bradford, absolute worldy according to their twitter account.

The Evans goal is an absolute belter I would much rather have him in the side than Coady. I hope the rumours he's off aren't true bags of potential there.

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

RVLP (Huddersfield) - Full game for Rajiv but to no avail as Huddersfield were crushed 5-1.

Lee Evans (Bradford) - Full game played and a pearler of a goal scored, this one a volley from 25 yards. Bradford play Millwall in the play-offs.

Tommy Rowe (Donny) - Played the full game as Donny were relegated in a nervy draw against Burton, who were promoted at the same time. That must have hurt.

Zele Ismail (Cambridge United) - 90 minutes for Zele but had no luck in a 0-0 draw.

Liam McAlinden
(Crawley Town) - Dropped again and came on as a sub with 15 minutes to go. No impact.

Bradford out the running for promotion. Haven't seen the game but I know Evans started and the fans love him. Personally I hope he comes back and becomes that creative midfielder we desperately need, it's either him or Mcdonald. I have seen a few of his games for Bradford and he looks to have progressed.

He is coming back, months overdue but coming back all the same.

He played well last night - comfortably Bradfords best player. Some Lovely 'spread the play' passes to chest or feet and lots of shorter ones on the ground to feet. Won some tackles and headers too. Should be a starter for us next season if he can play like that consistently.

Serious error of judgement sending Evans out on loan to be replaced by Conor Coady. Puddled.

Early on I thought Coady looked quite good but now the season is over I would have much preferred we stuck with Evans. That said a good run of games and some confidence can't do him any harm.

My worry is that Price will be the one to make way.

Think I've mentioned before, there was logic in sending him out, he'd barely played for us after Christmas in 2014/15 (one start and one sub appearance), McDonald and Price had been the preferred two in midfield and we were signing Coady to theoretically bolster that area too, so he was down the pecking order.

However once we reached January and we knew Coady was a load of shite plus McDonald wasn't having a good season - plus by that point we'd resorted to playing Edwards in central midfield again which Wolves managers keep doing despite eight and a half years of evidence that he can't play there - we should have brought him back.

I've been quite encouraged by Saville's progression since he got back into the team and his goal return is looking good, he isn't much of a refined footballer though and having him, Coady and Edwards in a midfield three gives us very little quality to work with on the ball. Utterly demoralising to see that as the starting line up in games towards the end of the season, we can't build from the back because we have no-one to pass the ball into, when we have possession further up the park there's no chance of the forwards receiving any kind of quality service, you can't fathom the manager's thinking there.

Of course I'd happily let Coady and Edwards go for any kind of offer this summer, they're not the answer to anything. Coady is bad scouting somewhere along the line, I'd seen him play for Huddersfield and had him pegged as a ten a penny defensive midfielder at this level, he isn't even that as his positional discipline is as rubbish as his general technical ability. He might have been ok if he was £200k rather than £2m, I've rarely seen a player at this level with such a diabolical first touch. Ken's fascination with Edwards will never make any sense to me.

Agree with all of that I hope we have seen the last of Edwards top guy, terrible footballer.

I would say Edwards is limited rather than terrible.

Evans needed to go out, he has been mostly poor in the Championship and his attitude was lacking also. Hopefully he will come back with more maturity, an extra yard of pace and minus a few pounds and attitude

Evans was our best player in the first two months of last season. Fell away when he got his wrist injury in the midst of our awful run and never really got back into the swing of it after that.

He never got a chance to get back into the swing of it.

My only criticism of him was that he gave away a lot of silly free kicks/ made stupid decisions sometimes (ball in the corner away at Reading). Hopefully a full season + play off games at Bradford will have given him some much needed experience and ironed out those imperfections.

Can we please nip this 'overweight' tag in the bud btw. It's just how he's built. The guy is shredded, there's no problem with his fitness.

That ball in the corner thing is a bit of a myth, it wasn't as if Reading went down the other end and scored straight away, there was a full three minutes between that and the goal during which time we made a substitution and Van la Parra gave away a nonsense corner.

Back