• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Loan Watch 2014/15 Season

I have a feeling he might start on the bench and if that's the case, then what's the point of recalling him?

This what gets me about the E&S. They can pop to any training session and see what the fans are seeing. If KJ refuses to say anything about Dicko, then watch the training. Why rely on Social Media for the facts?

You don't have to claim for travel costs...

South Wales, in one of the valleys north of Cardiff. It's actually close to Pontypridd if you've heard of that.

Oh yes. I've been to Pontypridd. I worked in Merthyr Tydfil for a few months, it was like the place that time forgot back then though. Just after all the mines had closed down.

Just asked for some opinion on how the lads at Notts are doing:

Zeli is doing superb. I believe we're trying to get him for the rest of the season. Equally effect as a winger or just behind the main striker. He's going to be a top player.

Cassidy has done alright to be fair, just been injury prone.

Eusebio is due back in a few days. Do we allow Cheltenham to extend, move him up a League One club or give him a whirl off the bench? The views I see on their Robins Nest forum seem very positive.

Leave him where he is I think, close enough for us to keep an eye on him easily, they play football the right way and he isn't going to get near our team unless we have a spate of injuries.

Could we play him as a forward or is he strictly a winger?

Could we play him as a forward or is he strictly a winger?

The system we play our wingers are effectively wide forwards. If you're asking if we could play him central then as far as I know he's never played there so I doubt it.

It's a bit of a concern our relative lack of success up front. Especially with our prized Sako and Dicko.
So our loans wouldn't be much good back home...?
When I see Clarke labouring up front and I wonder about Macalinden, Cassidy and further back Doyle, Mac doesn't seem to be in synch with the rest so he doesn't get the supply and can't impress, Cassidy I don't rate, think he's too lightweight and Doyle..?
Well... as far as I can find out, he's gone to Palace and hardly played any games at all, so he's wasting away getting 0 minutes of playing time.... but if I were to choose Clarke over Doyle, you know who I'd go with...
At least Doyle ran, worked hard and pulled defenders about and assisted and scored a (meagre) few goals.
So apart from the kids, where do we go from here until January comes?
Lots of games to not do very well if Sako and Dicko get knacked...
Bit worrying really.

It's a bit of a concern our relative lack of success up front. Especially with our prized Sako and Dicko.
So our loans wouldn't be much good back home...?
When I see Clarke labouring up front and I wonder about Macalinden, Cassidy and further back Doyle, Mac doesn't seem to be in synch with the rest so he doesn't get the supply and can't impress, Cassidy I don't rate, think he's too lightweight and Doyle..?
Well... as far as I can find out, he's gone to Palace and hardly played any games at all, so he's wasting away getting 0 minutes of playing time.... but if I were to choose Clarke over Doyle, you know who I'd go with...
At least Doyle ran, worked hard and pulled defenders about and assisted and scored a (meagre) few goals.
So apart from the kids, where do we go from here until January comes?
Lots of games to not do very well if Sako and Dicko get knacked...
Bit worrying really.

Roger Johnson has played up front a few times.

Of course!!
It'll never work though, I don't want us to go backwards.

Let's stick with continuing to choose Leon...
And go nowhere!

Take the two best attacking players out of any team in the world and they'd have serious issues performing at the same level. Have a look at Liverpool this season.

Like the rest of the footballing world we just have to hope they don't miss too many games, it isn't an eventuality that the likes of Real Madrid and Barcelona can cover properly, let alone us. We could do better than Clarke (and none of those out on loan are worth bothering with again) but we need to be signing better than Dicko rather than focusing on improving on Clarke. You aren't going to get too many brilliant players who want to come and sit on Wolves' bench and wait for someone to get injured.

It would be better than Doyle at the moment, tbf. He can't get on the pitch at Palace so his match fitness is probably way down.

Sounds like he's done OK there but a discussion on their forum is why he is on 11k a week with us! Not worth it apparently. Also, another guy reckons that Cook had never seen him play but gone on the recommendation of KJ who is a friend of his.

Back