• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Liverpool (H) 28/9: Build-Up & Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Waste of time being the better side if you don't create anything worthwhile out of it. Then the usual defensive frailties rear their head. Not stopping crosses, poor marking, and a weak attempt at a save albeit hard to make that quickly.

The bad news is that Liverpool were largely shit in that half and will come out loads better - no doubt about that.

It’s Villa all over again. Without the lead.

You can't be happy with that? Stiff and inflexible reaction, we will go down conceding changes like that. It's different it it's a special strike but he has made the good stop before pointless with that.
Of course I'm not happy about it and I'm not a Semedo fan but c'mon, let's be bloody fair here... Jota beat Larsen and then the keeper has a split second to see it. Just like before, it's a fluke if he saves it. Can hardly blame him if he doesn't.... he did well to get a hand on it...

Alexander-Arnold on an early card but Bellegarde and Ait-Nouri don't take him on and deliver crosses. We were too hesitant YET AGAIN and now it's all over.

This is the thing when you’ve got a sky super 6 at home and are clearly not on it you need to take something off them, especially considering our run of fixtures. We’re already beyond the good effort but no points.

Alexander-Arnold on an early card but Bellegarde and Ait-Nouri don't take him on and deliver crosses. We were too hesitant YET AGAIN and now it's all over.
Bellegarde is never going to beat him or put a cross over on his left foot unless he cuts back and delivers with his right. He only has a right foot.

Im not really blaming the keeper there. Last 20 mins we haven’t got out our half so something was going to happen eventually. Although their only chances have been from us giving the ball away in our own third repeatedly.

OK first half. Very even. Not overly pressing unlike the other games so hopefully we won't collapse on 70 minutes. Still in this.

Of course I'm not happy about it and I'm not a Semedo fan but c'mon, let's be bloody fair here... Jota beat Larsen and then the keeper has a split second to see it. Just like before, it's a fluke if he saves it. Can hardly blame him if he doesn't.... he did well to get a hand on it...

No issue with Semedo, it's the keeping. Many Prem keepers save that. Including some backups.

Agree with this from where I’m sitting, but would need to see it again (for the keeping, not the failure to pressure the cross). Some reediculous Semedo criticism on here motivated by non football reasons.

All in all a good half for those who’ve had their expectations successfully managed down.

No point having moments of promise when you keep conceding such soft goals. We've been in it without threatening, we've worked hard but we're our own worst enemy.

I think our chance to hurt them has gone now they have the lead.

We need a big second half performance and need to hope Liverpool stay below par. But there's little evidence of the former happening on this season's showings

Bellegarde needs hooking at half time and Forbs needs to come on to give us some genuine pace on the counter, as that’s our only tactic.

It’s basically game over though, isn’t it? Liverpool are winning 1-0 and haven’t got out of first gear in that first half.

We absolutely stink of a team that’s going to be relegated. Christ knows what happens to the squad as/when we go down.

I think we’ll stay relevant in the game until about 70-80 minutes until they get a second. We’ll create a few half efforts but it’ll be a routine game.

Agree with this from where I’m sitting, but would need to see it again (for the keeping, not the failure to pressure the cross). Some reediculous Semedo criticism on here motivated by non football reasons.

All in all a good half for those who’ve had their expectations successfully managed down.
Er - I literally corrected myself straight away after seeing a reply re; Semedo.

Sure they do. :rolleyes:
If Bentley or Sa let that in they get slaughtered for it. A Premier League goalie should be saving a header that is less than a yard away from him when they gets hands on it. If it's point blank range then you can excuse it, in this instance it is not.

Bellegarde is never going to beat him or put a cross over on his left foot unless he cuts back and delivers with his right. He only has a right foot.
With you but I am going to put that on GON. Look at the difference in how they double up to slip the pass through and play direct to get the cross in from the left wing. We just fart about, let them get back and organised, and cut inside against a defence that has conceded one in the league so far. Brainless. Commentating team just said more or less the same about Bellegarde.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back