• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Liverpool (A) 29/12 Build-Up & Match Thread

Watford is not going to be an easy game for us . They're on a roll with Pearson . A win there coupled with the wins over Man City and Norwich plus the really good display yesterday would make it a damn good Christmas .

If not then Wolves should complain to Liverpool about the conduct of their ball boys
It's not Liverpool's fault. They didn't make the complaint, an unknown person did.

I am stopping getting angry about the VAR at Anfield.

We went toe-to-toe with the best club team on earth. We could have got a point in their own gaff and it wouldn't have been undeserved. That's how far we have come. I'll take that.

Traore spoke very positively about Liverpool before the game, can't remember exactly where I saw it though. Nice thing for us is he would now command close to £50million perhaps?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Arsenal paid £70m for Pepe. Palace wanted £80m for Zaha

You could say the 1 time VAR was properly used. They had a look (remember they look at everyhing but only tell us when it is time for super slow-mo looks) decided it was too close so went with the on field decision.
Fair point! Not consistent though obviously.

And it's those instances that are more troubling than the marginal offside decisions.

The Jota "goal" at Bournemouth - ref shouldn't whistle - mistake

No (detailed) review of Awobi goal offside at Everton - mistake

No review of VVD handball v Pool - mistake

These are the things that don't actually get put in VAR tables and stuff like that.

Same as when Friend blew against Villa at Palace, bullshit decision (much as it was funny as it was Grealish).

No review of VVD handball v Pool - mistake

On this. It had to be a delibrate handball to see the goal ruled out as the stupid hand ball in a goal rule only counts if it is the assist! I thought it was at any point in a phase leading upto a goal but apparently not. VAR never looked at it though and they had a get out clause when asked.

I've seen the VVD 'handball' countless times and still not seen evidence to prove he touched it - the 2D still further up the thread doesn't.

I think VAR have retro fitted their inconclusive analysis, but if they had have reviewed it I don't think it would have disallowed the goal

I've seen the VVD 'handball' countless times and still not seen evidence to prove he touched it - the 2D still further up the thread doesn't.

I think VAR have retro fitted their inconclusive analysis, but if they had have reviewed it I don't think it would have disallowed the goal

They wouldn't because if it did touch his arm it was an accident so doesn't count in the shitty handball rule but they clearly never looked at it as you got 2 different stories on the reason via the ref and VAR

When VVD was asked about the handball he said he couldn't remember. How convenient!

They wouldn't because if it did touch his arm it was an accident so doesn't count in the shitty handball rule but they clearly never looked at it as you got 2 different stories on the reason via the ref and VAR

Accidental hand ball does count if its in the build up to a goal, however I can accept the evidence is inconclusive.....the still from behind does look damning though. We wouldn't be having this conversation if the offside had been deemed inconclusive as it should have

Accidental hand ball does count if its in the build up to a goal,

Stuff I was reading yesterday was saying it only counts if it directly leads to a goal. Apparently the pass to the guy who makes the assist doesn't count. Essentially since Day 1 of the season the handball rule has made zero sense and every time it happens another version of how the rule works comes out

Stuff I was reading yesterday was saying it only counts if it directly leads to a goal. Apparently the pass to the guy who makes the assist doesn't count. Essentially since Day 1 of the season the handball rule has made zero sense and every time it happens another version of how the rule works comes out
Pretty sure that was the way it was explained when the goal was ruled out against Leicester. Either the scorer or assister has to have committed the handball. So van Dijk is only relevant if Lallana had took it down and scored himself.

Pretty sure that was the way it was explained when the goal was ruled out against Leicester. Either the scorer or assister has to have committed the handball. So van Dijk is only relevant if Lallana had took it down and scored himself.

Oh ok, didn't know that......its still all bollocks, its accidental or it ain't whether attacking or defensive imo

That was my understanding but throughout the season I have seen refs/ex-refs etc saying any handball in a phase that leads to a goal is included, the same as a foul. I guess some have misunderstood that the handball only counts, if not an assist, if it is delibrate.

Oh, ok didn't know that....its still all bollocks though, should be accidental or not regardless of whether its attacking or defensive

What did you think he was going to say ??

To go the full Mandy Rice-Davies you should have said "well, he would say that, wouldn't he?"*

*I know that this famous quote is actually a slight mis-quote from what she ACTUALLY said..

Back