• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Live Match Discussion 2024/25

What is the new Europa League format?

The biggest change is to the group stage, which will become a single 36-team league phase. Each side faces eight different teams (four at home, four away). The top eight overall advance directly to the round of 16; sides finishing from ninth to 24th will contest the knockout phase play-offs, with the victors going through to the last 16. From then on it is a straight knockout.
Thanks, GPT ;)

I like the new format but I think I'm in the minority
There's definitely something about various clubs from all over Europe living in a single table that appeals.

I genuinely had no idea there'd been such a change; thought ESPN had royally fucked the web page tbh.

The QF/SF will all still looking very similar with the teams involved ie Real, City, Bayern, Arsenal etc
Still get sides playing 8 matches way out their depth and with zero hope of making the play off round

It hasnt spun at all! Back spin if anything and not that a smooth ball would particularly grip on a wet bowling green.

Fucking Hell VAR consistency across two separate games.

Inevitable. Took miles too long taking it.

I’d take Nuno back in a heartbeat but it’s baffling that he keeps picking Ryan Yates.

As blatant as it comes, no attempt whatsoever to get the ball.

Back