• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Live Match Discussion 2024/25

Neuer wandering around like Sa. Get back in goal you tit.

Ha, just about to say similar, ‘mind the gap’ seems a long while ago now.

Bayern have been stupid the way they've played - tried to play at such a tempo early on that they just made loads of errors completely of their own making. Surrendered the advantage they had in terms of individual talent.

Bayern have been stupid the way they've played - tried to play at such a tempo early on that they just made loads of errors completely of their own making. Surrendered the advantage they had in terms of individual talent.

Yep, I'm far from sold on Kompany, made so many basic errors last season and this has been a very poor approach.

Only saw the second half. Fair play to Villa but Bayern played right into their hands. Typical red hot favourites over committing and getting hit on the break. Noticeable how Villa not 'playing out from the back and pissing about' as is the fashion currently, particularly by teams who can't do it.

Only saw the second half. Fair play to Villa but Bayern played right into their hands. Typical red hot favourites over committing and getting hit on the break. Noticeable how Villa not 'playing out from the back and pissing about' as is the fashion currently, particularly by teams who can't do it.

I mean they did literally concede a goal against us about 10 days ago doing that.

Yes. Learn from your mistakes and cut them out. There's an idea.
They'll do it again in their next game guaranteed - massive part of how they play under Emery is being really patient when they have the ball deep in their own half and they want for the opponents to commit to a press before hitting the gaps.

They'll do it again in their next game guaranteed - massive part of how they play under Emery is being really patient when they have the ball deep in their own half and they want for the opponents to commit to a press before hitting the gaps.
Depends on the opposition.

Depends on the opposition.

Tonight's the first time in a long I haven't seen them do it heavily and that's because they didn't need to, Bayern went balls to the wall pressing without being prompted and left acres of space for Watkins to run into with minimal cover. They did it away at the Emirates last year and pissed it.

The only thing I would say is that Villa have been a far bigger club than us for what, 85-90% of the last 50 years. That little period was a bit of a natural aberration. I don't think we were ever going to usurp them totally.

The thing is we can't affect what they do (and they've got a lot right in the last couple of years, but they are almost as cunty on ticket prices and don't forget it's not that long ago that they appointed Gerrard), we can affect what we do and we've managed ourselves into a stupid decline.

It's the last line that sticks in the throat that 'we' have continuously made such awful decisions over the past 4 years which have put us in this position, all self-inflicted from beating excellent European teams in the Europa League to scratting around at the foot of the table wondering where our next win is coming from with a rookie head coach, whilst paying premium prices. Watching teams like Forest who've only been back 3 years leaving us behind (managed by our best manager for 40 years) whilst we operate like a newly promoted side for some inexplicable reason.

No other team behaves like this but all part of the plan we're told!

It’s worse than that - we were both in a shit state when they appointed Emery and us Lop. One got backed, the other walked.

The record of Lop compared to Emery wasn't too dissimilar in the period from when they were appointed.

I bet Villa fans are walking around like dogs with two cocks this morning.

We still look lovingly at the one season in recent history where we were in the Europa league. They’ve just beaten Bayern at home under the lights at Villa Park in the Champions League, ffs.

What I find weirdest about the whole situation (ignoring how far we’ve fallen) is that on paper there genuinely doesn’t seem like much between the sides. Obviously Watkins pisses on anything we’ve got from an enormous height, but throughout the rest of the 11 there really isn’t much (on paper) - so it shows how much of a difference having a genuinely competent manager in charge can make.

Fair play to them - they’ll be absolutely loving it and I have very little hope that Jeff Shi will wake up every morning feeling stupid because the guy thinks he walks on water.

I bet Villa fans are walking around like dogs with two cocks this morning.

We still look lovingly at the one season in recent history where we were in the Europa league. They’ve just beaten Bayern at home under the lights at Villa Park in the Champions League, ffs.

What I find weirdest about the whole situation (ignoring how far we’ve fallen) is that on paper there genuinely doesn’t seem like much between the sides. Obviously Watkins pisses on anything we’ve got from an enormous height, but throughout the rest of the 11 there really isn’t much (on paper) - so it shows how much of a difference having a genuinely competent manager in charge can make.

Fair play to them - they’ll be absolutely loving it and I have very little hope that Jeff Shi will wake up every morning feeling stupid because the guy thinks he walks on water.
On top of Watkins/Duran, Martinez/Torres/Konsa/Tielemans/whoever they play on the attacking left/their bench/their manager piss all over anything that we've got.

I don't think they'd swap many or theirs for ours really. Onana was overpriced so you'd maybe swap him for Andre, and Cunha would get plenty of game time. Possibly Digne for RAN depending on the opposition, but that's about it imo

Back