• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Live Match Discussion 2024/25

Big miss on 1v1 for Everton... they've been here before missing chances to close games and lost!

Everton win, Raul haunts Nuno, and jammy Arsenal get a winner....

Some truly dismal officiating in the Derby Norwich game. Norwich score from a cut back where the ball was easily a yard out of play.
Not that it would go better there, but why no VAR? Surely the Championship has at least that much funding?

Is the financial situation down there properly bad or just a massive drop off from the PL?

Unsurprisingly off the back of this there's been calls for it. However I'd imagine as the football league is effectively one competition that to have it in the championship they'd have to have it every other division as well.

The best part of this game also was that prior to Norwich's third goal the ball also went out for what should have been a Derby corner. Instead Norwich went down the other end and scored again to make it 3-1. There was some balance after that though as Derby made it 2-3 in added time, but it should clearly have been disallowed for a blatant offside blocking the keepers view of the shot.

That's a decent finish by Delap tbf,

Edit: just watched replay and although it was a smart finish, Martinez getting beat at the near post reminds me of Sa.

Last edited:
That’s a Roger Johnson clearance by Reeves for Villa goal proper awful stuff

I might start betting on Morsy to get booked in every single game. Might pay for a match ticket in the Billy Wright.

Atwell being a total bottler as always. Morsy already on a yellow has to be sent off for a second one after that.

Pathetic defending from Diego Carlos can see why we were linked with him.

Atwell being a total bottler as always. Morsy already on a yellow has to be sent off for a second one after that.
And then he starts the move for the equaliser.

Great move, mind.

Delap is nowhere near as good a player as Strand Larsen but Ipswich use him properly, we do not use our front man properly.

Surely at 2-1 down they should have been endlessly passing it around at the back. Amateurs.

Ipswich the latest side not reading the script about giving up for the CL/top sides. Can't wait til we turn up and roll them over in a few weeks

Yep proves how the sides in top 6 are just to hard to get anything out off stuff is rubbish.

Ipswich three points ahead with half our goal difference

You look at Ipswich and think their players aren't very good but it's testament to how a good coach and playing players in the right position and to their strengths will make you look a decent outfit. Should have been a man down but even at 2-2 they're wanting to win the game.

Fancy them to finish above us.

I only saw the second half, Ipswich looked like that classic early season promoted side that haven’t been in the PL for a while. Character and energy playing in front of a passionate crowd. Finish aside I didn't see much quality to go with the energy. Very loose on the ball. They may stay up, but they'll be down there all season.

You look at Ipswich and think their players aren't very good but it's testament to how a good coach and playing players in the right position and to their strengths will make you look a decent outfit. Should have been a man down but even at 2-2 they're wanting to win the game.

Fancy them to finish above us.

I think only Southampton would be a good bet to come below us.

Back