• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Live Match Discussion 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
I couldn't give a fuck. We have about as much rivalry with Villa as we do with Norwich or Bristol City. Completely manufactured on the back of about three games in the Championship.
If you grew up surrounded by the self entitled aresholes you may have a different opinion. Yes they aren’t historical rivals of Wolves but they’re the one side in the country who I hope lose every week.

0-2 yes!

Self entitled 0-2 Arrogance, is it just me but I do like the fact that we always remain understated and humble.

If you grew up surrounded by the self entitled aresholes you may have a different opinion. Yes they aren’t historical rivals of Wolves but they’re one side in the country who I hope lose every week.

0-2 yes!
I grew up in Wolverhampton surrounded by Man United fans in the 90's. Like I said all football fans are arseholes when it comes to their team. Villa's are no exceptions.

Villa getting humped around a glowing mention for Pedro Neto. I love watching Chelsea.

If you grew up surrounded by the self entitled aresholes you may have a different opinion. Yes they aren’t historical rivals of Wolves but they’re the one side in the country who I hope lose every week.

0-2 yes!
Indeed.
For those of us who remember Tony Morley breaking Pete Daniels leg and then being a smarmy cunt about it, we hope they lose every game. Understand for those who don't or haven't lived locally it isn't a rivalry from them but for others it very much is. You only have to see the sign we held up "European Cup... You're Welcome" in October as being evidence of that.

And how shit are Villa when that freak Jackson gets the second. Utterly useless player yet he's scored tonight... basically by letting the ball hit him.

Or pretty much the entire of the 90s we were as entitled as we could possibly be, even imported a manager with the same vibe
I don't fucking think so. There was nothing entitled about us expecting better results than we achieved. The players, staff and fans weren't showing any sign of entitlement but we all knew we should be doing better. I don't recall anyone I know looking down on other teams largely because of what we went through in the 80's.

0-2 yes!
SOTV

To put a finer point on it the relegation of 2013 pressed a reset button on expectations.
Fan base since then has been very patient and appreciative in general.
Simple fact look at Lage tenure.
I think the self entitled think has died out from the 90’s on a simple fact there’s a lot fewer alive who remember the 50’s.
I’d say our fans are more moronic on social points ie singing homophobic chants or the sign on chants towards Liverpool based clubs.
From a personal view point and someone who’s lived nationwide Wolves fans don’t shout from the roof tops as much as a numerous set of clubs about how great they’re.
You can also look at it that people from vast parts of the country look down upon people from Wolverhampton etc on the basis of accent and stereotypes.

I much prefer Villa to Chelsea TBH.

How come?

The huge amount of deeply unlikeable players that arrived during the Abramovic years, they weren't exactly great to watch when they spent their millions and confortably won the league, horrible fans etc etc.

I tend to agree with the manufactured rivalry comment regarding Villa. I know loads of Villa fans but I've never found them that entitled or arrogant TBH, maybe I've just been lucky in that regard. Never had a problem with them aside from when we were both in the Championship and Bruce and his tosser bosses did their best to try and wind us up.

Is Matt Cash doing his best to be a Temu Jack Grealish?

Brilliant free kick that! Don't think it was remotely a free kick in the first place though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back