• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Live Match Discussion 2018/19

Anyone else or just me bored to tits with Alex Scott? She never says anything remotely interesting and she's on almost every game.

Agreed I think she’s a good pundit and clearly does her research prior to each game.

I think she's at least as good as any of the other pundits, she's there on merit imo rather than as a token box ticker

She was shocking to start with but I think she's better than most of them. Ince, Jenas and Gullit are piss poor in comparison.

Bear's gonna Bear...

Arsenal looking the better side. Amazing considering their defence.

I'm surprised at this. I watched the game today and came away thinking we can beat Arsenal and that we look as good as they do. Defensively they are woeful, and I'm not sure how Alex Iwobi can get in a PL side, I don't think I've ever watched them play and thought he looked a good player. Awful footballer.

Tbf they did look quite good until City's second goal.

I'm surprised at this. I watched the game today and came away thinking we can beat Arsenal and that we look as good as they do. Defensively they are woeful, and I'm not sure how Alex Iwobi can get in a PL side, I don't think I've ever watched them play and thought he looked a good player. Awful footballer.
Yeah, I posted that between the 1st and 2nd goals as Alan said.

Tbf to arsenal they are (still) 2 X CBs and a LB off being a very good team.

With Bellerin out they need a whole new back four and Leno is not a very impressive keeper at all (I never liked him at Leverkusen either).

Lichtsteiner (Anderton levels of past it), Sokratis, Mustafi, Koscielny (too many injuries now), Monreal (was good, past it now), Kolasinac...none of these are good defenders.

Yeah, I posted that between the 1st and 2nd goals as Alan said.

Tbf to arsenal they are (still) 2 X CBs and a LB off being a very good team.

And a RB...

Koscielny and Lichtsteiner are on a rapid decline. Monreal has never been anything more than average but is now a key player as everyone else is terrible. I don’t know what Kolasinac is, Iwobi is terrible. Ramsey going on a free, Ozil going missing. They’ve got a £100m strike force and some handy CMs (are they better than our CMs though? I say no).

9 points (10 with GD) is a lot to make up with but I reckon we’ve got a chance of getting close.

Got to assume Bellerin is going to back next season at some point, Chambers is half decent and i don't mind Sokratis.

Bit OTT to say none of their CMs would get in our team, torreira easily would and guendouzi (sp?) looks like he's going to be very good.

Torreira is fantastic, I don't mind Guendouzi although he's not really what I would consider Arsenal level at the moment. They have a tendency to mess up CM by picking Xhaka who is genuinely woeful.

Arsenal's upcoming fixtures are pretty favourable, even if we beat them at home I don't see us getting that close to them. Not this year anyway.

Long term they have issues with finance, Kroenke is like a low rent Glazer, a fucking parasite owner.

As for Chambers, Fulham have been playing him as a DM and I think he may have played there for Boro too? Don't think he's especially trusted by anyone as a CH/RB any more.

I meant Holding! Old age is catching up with me.

Ah! Yeah he's alright (still got plenty to learn) but who knows how he'll come back from a very nasty injury, it can go either way.

Back to Mings for a minute:

biFiHeX.gif

He can put his right foot anywhere there. Grade A cuntbag behaviour, he knew exactly what he was doing. Deserves to be banned for the rest of the season at least, especially given he's been found guilty of the exact same offence in the past.

Yes, clearly meant it. Horrible cowardly thing to do, he's got issues.

Back