• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Live Match Discussion 2018/19

The point is you shouldn't have to think about it. You shouldnt have players whose first thought is to cheat and a referee who is miles behind the play, but sees the chance to do his daft point.

Youngie - I must admit I am a little confused. Yes maybe Holding should hold back, but at the end of the day he hasn't committed a foul that I can see. Son has dived horrendously, and the referee is a mile back and makes a fucking appalling guess and gets it totally wrong. There are levels of criticism that should be applied to the incident and I am confident that Holding is at the mild end, and the other two deserve a fair amount of opprobrium.

it's not about thinking whether the players is going to dive. It's about staying on your feet in that situation and not making a rash decision. However you want to dress it up it is poor defending in the first place. Son then dives, he cheats, I agree. Again, I have no idea why you have got so oddly personal and pissy with me for daring to say Holding defended the scenario poorly before he dives.

Oh and the first goal wasn't offside.

Youngie - I must admit I am a little confused. Yes maybe Holding should hold back, but at the end of the day he hasn't committed a foul that I can see. Son has dived horrendously, and the referee is a mile back and makes a fucking appalling guess and gets it totally wrong. There are levels of criticism that should be applied to the incident and I am confident that Holding is at the mild end, and the other two deserve a fair amount of opprobrium.

I haven't said otherwise!!!! Tredman just jumped on my point for some reason (to quote him, oddly personal I found it)

You coach young kids, I'm sat here watching this my kids. They play rugby, football, tennis. It's a real effort to try and get them to play fairly and lose with grace. And then they see that nonsense.

Might be a daft challenge (not sure I agree, if he didn't do that and son shot and scored at the near post we would be saying why didn't he make a block), but cheating is cheating.

Okay

So I GUESS it is

Holding - don't give the referee a decision to make

Son - don't fucking cheat

Dean - don't fucking guess

About right?

I coach young kids. At various levels. I coach them not to make rash decisions in the penalty area and dive in. I very rarely have to tell them not to cheat.

Holding can stay on his feet and cut off the near post effort (which Son never goes for, he goes to cut in where he has a team mate supporting him). It is pretty rubbish defending

This is the bit I took issue with. It's encouraging diving.

It isn't, I'm basing it off what Dean thinks he has seen (at a very high tempo, he gets one look at it). Dean clearly doesn't think he dived did he?

Okay

So I GUESS it is

Holding - don't give the referee a decision to make

Son - don't fucking cheat

Dean - don't fucking guess

About right?

Pretty much. Except with Holding it's more about just general defending. He doesn't need to dive in.

Kids idolise these players. I see dives in every kids football game I watch. I didn't let mine watch premier League for a good while because of Rooney and others swearing and shouting at referees.

Cheating should not be rewarded or encouraged. It shouldn't be this way and we shouldn't accept it.

Anyway double sub from emery, tad harsh on miki

Great pass by Bellerin. And what a finish

Kolasanic looks a different player to under Wenger.

Whole team looks different to under Wenger. Heads didn't drop when behind and struggling. So much more passion and desire. No Ozil conveniently.

Same but there’s a real fluidity without him isn’t there? At his best he is fantastic but they often rely on him to create and it affects their general play too much. Interesting to see how Emery manages him this season.

Vertonghen lucky to get a yellow there.

Same but there’s a real fluidity without him isn’t there? At his best he is fantastic but they often rely on him to create and it affects their general play too much. Interesting to see how Emery manages him this season.
The way Ramsey has played second half of be looking to keep him. What a front 4 or 5 they have when they play well. Torreira makes them so much more solid.

Back