• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Live Match Discussion 2017/18

Well he's unlikely to get any sympathy from Mourinho, he's more than happy to just ditch people when they're not playing well and it can be a long road to get back in his good books. He definitely likes people that are willing to hang on his every word and do exactly what he wants, though strangely has time for some complete mavericks like Zlatan too, perhaps he just likes to pick on those who lack his steely character.

He’s going to defend him. Not going to hang him out to dry. But saying he was “fatigued” is basically admitting he’s dived without saying he did.

Should be the ref who gets banned for a truly horrendous decision when he’s got the best view in the ground.

EDIT - Now they are appealing it. Disgraceful, should double it as a result but I don’t know what the rules are.

As I say that Swansea score as Fer is given the freedom of the Everton penalty area on a corner - shit marking though

Imagine paying that gravy swilling oaf £6m a year to serve this shit up. Fucking hell Everton.

Pulis will be getting a phone call very soon indeed

Things really have gone pear shaped quickly for Swansea since the Yanks got involved down there.

Really since they sacked Laudrup.
Not really true, their biggest points haul and highest league finish was achieved by his immediate replacement, Monk. Even when Monk was sacked a replaced with Guidolin they won more points than Laudrup had got in a season. They seemed really well setup up to deal with change, key players got sold and they still seemed to tick along getting adequate replacements, they got pretty much two seasons out of each managerial appointment. Then Guidolin was binned for Bradley and they've been on the slide since, Clement did a good fire fighting job at first but the squad now looks awful and he doesn't seem to have the answers.

Swansea started using an analytics company last season and they've turned to shit since then really.

Really since they sacked Laudrup.

As someone who has been to quite a few Swansea games during their time in the Prem I disagree. Some say their decline started from the cup win which I don't agree with or that sacking Monk led to it which is debateable, or the main argument that the American takeover has caused this which is clearly the biggest reason. Definitely nothing to do with Laudrup. The complaints that it was unfair to sack Laudrup remind me of the people who criticise us for sacking Mick.

Following the League Cup win Laudrup averaged 0.94 PPG, which is 36 points. Generally you need about 37 points to stay up. They'd won one of their last 10 and lost 6 of their last 8 and while they were in 12th place were only 2 points off the relegation zone when he was sacked. Monk comes in and they average 1.29 PPG which is 49. Following season under him they finish 8th with 56 points, best finish and highest points tally. The post-cup win PPG under Laudrup is worse than under Monk, Guidolin, Clement, and even Alan Curtis. Laudrup had also lost the dressing room and the general attitude throughout the club was that he no longer cared and lacked the desire to turn it around as he would be leaving in the summer to a 'bigger' club anyway. And that's ignoring the controversy over transfer policy the previous summer and the allegations about his agent.

Laudrup properly phoned it in for months. Did an Ince/Redknapp style three day week for ages.

He doesn't need to work and he was openly talking about walking away from coaching for good even before Swansea got rid of him.

I remember a question at the fans parliament about how Swansea had been our template and it seemed to have gone wrong. Jez - "simple they appointed the wrong man in Laudrup". He was alluding to the fact, I guess, that Laudrup didn't fit with their previous style and continuity.

Of course, at that time, I think Jez had just been involved (or not consulted upon, depending upon your belief) in the appointment of the superlative managerial talent Dean Saunders.

Aye, I don't know why I was thinking Laudrup was after Monk.

Back