• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Live Match Discussion 2017/18

I had the 'pleasure' of Derby vs Hoffenheim on Saturday. The latter won 2-1 without every really getting out of second gear, knocked the ball around nicely and the keeper started everything off in a Neuer type fashion. I'm surprised Pep hasn't gone after him, Deutsch I'm sure will confirm if that is typical.

Derby played a 433, but in a Rowett compact sense, they won't concede many, but are a number 10 away from troubling the play offs. The 3 in midfield were Butterfield, Huddlestone and Johnson doing similar jobs. Tom being the most impressive. They had Weimann and Russell either side of Martin, the plan being that one or the other would come in to be the 10, but it didn't really work. Weimann on the left wing, looked just like he did at Wolves and for most of the game Martin was isloated.

Mane absolutely roasting Rafinha in the Audi Cup. 2-0 Liverpool just before HT.

No idea how Rafinha still gets a game for Bayern, he has always been shite.

Agree on Rafinha, not a good defender at all

Leicester losing again. 2-0 at half time to Burton. Apparently they look embarrassingly bad again.

You never want to be too hasty at this stage but if they play like they did on Saturday they'll be pure rello material.

What I think what will actually happen is they'll be awful until October/November, sack Snakespeare, appoint someone proper and be alright.

Young lad Grujic looking decent again for the Scousers at CM. Another one of my summer recommendations! Doubt Klopp would let him out anyway though.

Young lad Grujic looking decent again for the Scousers at CM. Another one of my summer recommendations! Doubt Klopp would let him out anyway though.
Agree he has looked decent every game i have watched in the asia cup

He's very good. Should have played more last season really.

Sturridge. Best he's ever looked fitness wise apparently. Pulls a muscle scoring a goal... :icon_lol:

Sturridge. Best he's ever looked fitness wise apparently. Pulls a muscle scoring a goal... :icon_lol:
Yeah, thats why i drafted him..has trained well..but for ffs

Same as Kompany really

Which is why i drafted Otamendi

England ladies just haven't turned up so far tonight. Deservedly behind

They've been really poor overall this tournament will go down as a failure imo.

If they had played anything like they did in the groups they would have had a chance but tonight they have been second best all over the park. Ellen White has had a stinker tonight but she wasn't alone. Stokes has been poor too.As for Williams back header for the dutch second what was she thinking. Got it all wrong.

Yeah they've been really poor tonight, both goals were awful but they've had a good tournament (from what I've seen anyway). Shame because this is a massive opportunity.

Holland have played well TBF.

Okay. Fine.
Ignore beating the French for the first time since I was two

Means nothing unless you go on and win the thing no good smashing the group stages then putting in a performance like that in a semi final.

Back