• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Live Match Discussion 2017/18

I always worry we've settled into a "just performing well enough to beat teams" which is fine, but I miss the first month of the season when we steamrollered teams with sexy football. Only the Villa game has been similar.
I think we caught some teams sleeping. Generally speaking, things should get tougher offensively as the season goes on and there's more material for the opposition to study.

I always worry we've settled into a "just performing well enough to beat teams" which is fine, but I miss the first month of the season when we steamrollered teams with sexy football. Only the Villa game has been similar.

Don't think that's quite accurate, we were decent against Middlesbrough but it really could have gone either way, then lost to Cardiff (deservedly) and drew 0-0 at Brentford who were bottom of the league. Granted we played well at Derby and Hull but that's two games out of five.

We've played well and won comfortably against Villa, Norwich, Burton and Fulham since then, as mentioned on one of the other threads you are not going to see us batter teams 5-0 and 6-0.

We played good football away at Brentford too. Just one of those games where nothing would go in the net (for both teams).

I missed the Norwich game. Burton was a good performance, but I'd argue that Fulham was too easy for us so we didn't bother to play that well.

We played good football away at Brentford too. Just one of those games where nothing would go in the net (for both teams).

I missed the Norwich game. Burton was a good performance, but I'd argue that Fulham was too easy for us so we didn't bother to play that well.

I don't get your point tbh, we've played good football all season. I've never got the impression that we're just doing enough or that we've dropped off. In fact we're way better now than we were in August/September, no way do we come out of the Cardiff and Bristol games with one point now.

How good are Son, Eriksen and Alli for Spurs. As a 3 they're very effective

Only really talking in terms of the style of play. We really played some slick, fast paced attacking football early on. We still play good stuff, but don't tear through teams for 90 mins quite as often as we used to. Regular Sat/Tue games doesn't help I suppose.

Brizzle look like they are going to lose as well now...

Excellent evening for us so far

Only really talking in terms of the style of play. We really played some slick, fast paced attacking football early on. We still play good stuff, but don't tear through teams for 90 mins quite as often as we used to. Regular Sat/Tue games doesn't help I suppose.

Derby and Hull did not factor in that we were no longer shite and gave us loads of space, that really is the only difference. Most teams just defend against us now.

We did not play slick, fast paced attacking football against Boro or Cardiff, I think you're being incredibly harsh.

Back