• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Live Match Discussion 2017/18

Once they cross that white line etc..

Ronald should be joining Bilic as an unemployed manager this week
Can't spend this much money and be this shit. They've been terrible in nearly every game I've seen of theirs this season.

Koeman going for a revolutionary no formation today.
It does make me wonder where the owners place the blame between him and Walsh, the teams a mess but then you look at the summer recruitment and it's difficult to make a decent side out of it no matter what you do.

They signed three no.10s yet end up playing their only senior striker there instead, then the kid they stick up front ends up spending most his time running the channels leaving no-one central. The assortment of no.10s all end up being forced to play wide positions but naturally end up being very narrow so you're reliant on an ageing Baines and whichever shithouse is deputising for Coleman to provide any width. They've only got one serviceable centre half because the other two are old and well past their best, the central midfield options are barely any better with only three real options to pick from.

I mean it's not like Koeman looks like he's really getting anything out of what's there but at the same time I can't really see what team he could put out that hasn't got gaping holes in it.

Say you went with the reasonably bog standard, by modern standards, 4231.

Pickford - decent enough

Baines - passable but past his best
Keane - solid enough
Jagielka/Williams - massive weakness with their lack of mobility
Martina/kids - nowhere near good enough

Schneiderlin/Gueye - solid enough base in midfield I guess, if a little on the conservative side but I suppose you switch Davies in for one of them where the situation allows you a bit more license to play

Mirallas - fuck knows what you're ever likely to get from him but would be an ever present by default as the only real wide player they have
Any of the summer no.10 crop to play in their true position should do a good job
Calvert-Lewin - can't think of anyone else who could really do anything out wide and he at least seems to have a bit about him on the ball

Rooney/Niasse/Ramirez - none ideal, old man who goes wandering, lump who looks like a competition winner 90% of the time or a bloke who looks completely lost

They could be in real trouble if they can't cobble something together soon and hope to address some weaknesses in January.

Yep, a real mess.

Niasse nicely controlling that one in :icon_lol: Nouble-esque.

Lovely goal by Sanchez to wrap things up

Wouldn't be surprised if Koeman goes today

How bad at the back again by Liverpool. Well taken by Kane tho.

Sake Lovren. The Stearman school of defending.

Saved by the bar, would have been a beauty for Son

To be fair Spurs have been top notch so far a joy to watch at times.

Salah has been a hell of a signing for Liverpool, he's such a threat.

Goal back out of nowhere. Scuffed in!

Lloris at fault there can’t believe he stayed on his line.

Back