• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Live Match Discussion 2017/18

Ashley Young is not a left-back, caught out so many times in this first half.

Gana is absolutely crucial to Everton. The difference between them today with him playing and against Atalanta without him is night and day.

He's been shite in possession. Everton are so muddled at the moment.

We must be watching a different game. He's the only one keeping things ticking over. No mean feat given how much wandering the likes of Rooney and Gylfi are doing.

Rooney has done okay in the first half. Held the ball up well and brought others into play. Dropping too deep though at times

Appalling from Ashley Williams, Everton been by far the better side in this second half but that has killed this one off.

4-0 now, every time I've watched the red scum this season they've won 4-0.

Watching Liverpool Leicester and Leicester have been appalling so far. Target practise for Liverpool which they haven't been very good at.

Shocker of shockers, Liverpool look totally toothless without the pace of Mane and Salah.

Great finish, Slimani.

I used to really rate the Ox but for the life of me I couldn't tell you a damn thing he's particularly good at anymore.

Klopp is fast becoming a bit of a fraud for me. You cannot continue to just neglect that defence. Absolute horseshit that VVD would have been the only player to strengthen it.

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk

I don't hold Klopp for that just yet. Matip is the only finished product in their entire defense. Maybe Robertson and Clyne as well. The rest range from "maybe one day" to "not top 4 in their dreams".

Look at his last Dortmund team against this Liverpool team. How many of his best XI now get into that Dortmund side. One or two?

His Dortmund side weren't great at the back either, Hummels was immense but even he dropped the odd bollock, the defensive strength of his teams lies in the pressing rather than the actual defenders themselves. If you can beat the press you'll always have some joy against Klopp. Seems to have a real oversight for keepers too.

My point stands, though, Matip is the only defender on Pool's books that would even be close to his Dortmund defenses.

Matip is a poor man's Hummels, looks classy 90% of the time but he's got a mistake in him, often looks a bit lightweight to me.

There's not much between the fullbacks I don't think, Piszczek and Clyne both solid options, Schmelzer perhaps marginally better than what he's got now but not by a lot.

Police advise referee that penalties should be taken at the end with Burnley fans in it. Thought it was done by the flip of a coin?

His Dortmund side weren't great at the back either, Hummels was immense but even he dropped the odd bollock, the defensive strength of his teams lies in the pressing rather than the actual defenders themselves. If you can beat the press you'll always have some joy against Klopp. Seems to have a real oversight for keepers too.

He seems to have a real oversight on quite a lot imo. Can't pick goalkeepers, can't pick centre halves, struggles to play central midfielders correctly and can't play a striker that scores goals. I don't get the Klopp love in at all. He doesn't want to sign the best players and has pretty much said as much and he only has the press, beat that and you beat Liverpool.

Back