• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Live Match Discussion 2017/18

Again, he's done this a lot in pre-season. Against teams where they will not need to do a lot of defending (and where they are protected by the back three and Fernandinho preventing counter attacks). It just gives them the bonus of another attacker. Plus, when everyone is fit Mendy will obviously play there.

We did it on Saturday against Cardiff too when we moved Cav to LW and played Dicko and Leo up front with Jota in behind and Doherty wide right.

Again, he's done this a lot in pre-season. Against teams where they will not need to do a lot of defending (and where they are protected by the back three and Fernandinho preventing counter attacks). It just gives them the bonus of another attacker. Plus, when everyone is fit Mendy will obviously play there.
I know you love Pep but IMO starting with Sane at that position borders on arrogance, especially with Danilo fit yesterday. It cost them, too; Sane's dreadful backpass lead directly to Rooney's goal.

But he knew Everton were going to come and sit deep against them, as Brighton did the week before and an issue they had in that game was Danilo from the left side was often coming inside and absolutely killed their spaces and a lack of width made it more difficult for them. Sane actually had a bit of a stinker overall but I understand the thought process and certainly don't think it's an arrogance thing. The last thing he wants to do is compromise a victory for the basis of vanity, IMO, but I know many will disagree.

But yes you are right I love Pep ;)

Celtic decided to make their 2nd leg interesting after winning the opener 5-0. They have just got their 2nd goal (10 mins left) after letting Astana go into a 4-1 lead

and a 3rd to make it look like they meant it all in the name of entertainment....

This Basaksehir v. Sevilla match is absolutely ridiculous.

Quite the implosion from Hoffenheim.

Surely it's not really pronounced "GUH-nah-bree", is it? Just "nah-bree", I'd have thought.

The Silent G they call him

I've always pronounced the Guh.

Rosenborg beat Ajax!

I meant on aggregate, but you're also right! Adegbenro was a steal at 1.5m. Good times in Norway.

Beyond that, things are going massively tits up in Amsterdam.

Villa losing away at Bristol City.

A goalmouth scramble all coming from saviour John Terry giving away a free-kick right outside the box.

1-1.

35 yard shot which jammily loops over the GK purely thanks to a deflection.

Absolute fluke equaliser for Villa, the initial shot was going miles wide. They look really poor though.

Hand ball by Terry not given by the ref, i think it was clear.

Hahaha this ref is having a shocker now - missed a clear corner for villa

Back