• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Live Match Discussion 2017/18

Props to Holgate for keeping that ball in the danger area, head it away you pleb.

Well, after I talked up Everton, they've completely gone to sleep this half.

I don't think they were very good in the first half either Alan. City were well on top when the goal came against the run of play and both Aguero and Silva should and could have scored. I've been impressed with Cavlert-Lewin but apart from that they've been average going forward with very little pace.

Say what you want about this ref giving out cards too easily; I fucking love his demeanor there. Pulls out the card, sees Schneiderlin getting angry, and just shrugs at him as if to say "well, ye shouldn't av fooked up ay".

Everton have played more like the side a man down 2ND half, no ambition just sticking everyone behind the ball and trying to grind it out. Their subs have had very little impact too, really poor performance.

I don't think they were very good in the first half either Alan. City were well on top when the goal came against the run of play and both Aguero and Silva should and could have scored. I've been impressed with Cavlert-Lewin but apart from that they've been average going forward with very little pace.

In the first half it looked like defending deep was the plan. I never really felt they were threatened by City until that little 3 minute spell before Rooney scored. They controlled the ball even if they weren't possessing it.

Second half has been all City, not just possessing the ball but really controlling it. They've totally dictated things which, IMO, they weren't able to do in the first half.

Bernardo Silva has to start for City. He's an absolute baller.

He will. Danilo won't be in the side.

Bernardo Silva has to start for City. He's an absolute baller.

Agreed. I'd have him ahead of Aguero at the moment. Sergio looks injured or maybe ill; he's not nearly as decisive as usual today.

Agreed. I'd have him ahead of Aguero at the moment. Sergio looks injured or maybe ill; he's not nearly as decisive as usual today.

No chance, Aguero has to play to. He's just had an off day in front of goal but all strikers have those.

No chance, Aguero has to play to. He's just had an off day in front of goal but all strikers have those.

But then who does Bernie replace? I said above, playing him in Walker's spot is borderline insane (but then so is playing Sane at LWB).

I disagree with Bear that Danilo won't play, so that really only leaves Aguero to be dropped as I don't think Jesus, KdB, or Bald Silva have done anything to deserve it. It's harsh on Sergio, to be sure, but that's life at a club like City.

He's their best striker, no way he gets dropped. In saying that i'm not going to try and guess what Pep is going to do, he just seems to make new shit up and to try whatever the fuck he fancies from week to week.

Personally I think Jesus is the favorite there and fits Pep's style a bit more.

Really if Aguero was wide awake today he could have scored two or three, but today there were clear chances that he didn't just miss, he outright dallied them into nothingness.

The clear plan at the moment for Pep, which he has done all of pre-season is to play two forwards to get the best out of both Aguero AND Jesus.

Whether that can work against the better teams I am not so sure. I can see what he is doing with this formation as it means he can essentially have six attackers and four defenders (Fernandinho plus back three) against the teams who sit off. The way they are set up also doesn't allow teams to counter attack as well. Against the top teams I can see one of them dropping out or Jesus playing wide of a front three in a 3-4-3 or 4-3-3.

People can say he makes any shit up but I think that is a pretty lazy thing to say, they will rotate a lot on the sheer amount of attacking options they have this season. It's quite obvious how meticulous Guardiola is and how long he spends making decisions on the smallest of details.

What about Mark Hughes turning Diouf into a LWB. Crack pot

In fairness, Sane at LWB did actually happen, so who knows what Pep will do.

Again, he's done this a lot in pre-season. Against teams where they will not need to do a lot of defending (and where they are protected by the back three and Fernandinho preventing counter attacks). It just gives them the bonus of another attacker. Plus, when everyone is fit Mendy will obviously play there.

Back