• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Live Match Discussion 2017/18

Looking at that United starting 11 tonight, considering they’re going to finish 2nd in the PL.

De Gea > Ruddy

Doherty > Darmian
Boly > Smalling
Coady > Rojo
Douglas > Young

Neves > Matic
Pogba > Saiss

Cav > Mata
Jota > Rashford
Costa > Martial

I would genuinely only have 2 of their starting 11 as clear cut choices above our current starting 11. Lots of close calls, such as Doherty/Darmian, Costa/Martial, Jota/Rashford, Neves/Matic - but watching them play tonight - we have nothing to be scared about.

Maybe I’m a bit disillusioned?

I was at that, it was Watford away, shit decision. Think Almunia dropped a 40 yard free kick from Sako into his own net inexiblicably as well.

Looking at that United starting 11 tonight, considering they’re going to finish 2nd in the PL.

De Gea > Ruddy

Doherty > Darmian
Boly > Smalling
Coady > Rojo
Douglas > Young

Neves > Matic
Pogba > Saiss

Cav > Mata
Jota > Rashford
Costa > Martial

I would genuinely only have 2 of their starting 11 as clear cut choices above our current starting 11. Lots of close calls, such as Doherty/Darmian, Costa/Martial, Jota/Rashford, Neves/Matic - but watching them play tonight - we have nothing to be scared about.

Harsh on Saiss. :icon_wink:

Also, joking aside, I think Mourinho is seriously underutilizing that squad.

De Gea > Ruddy

Doherty > Darmian
Boly > Smalling
Coady > Rojo
Douglas > Young

Neves > Matic
Pogba > Saiss

Cav > Mata
Jota > Rashford
Costa > Martial

Not really, I think most of that is post on. I'd argue Darmian is better than Doherty simply because he's not Doherty.

Joking aside (I fully acknowledge that Mr I'm Hard has improved immeasurably this season), if you look at Doherty's output (4 goals 5 assists) compared to Douglas' (5 goals 14 assists) it really tells it's own story. Granted, Douglas' set piece delivery weights the argument a bit but Doherty has been afforded the freedom of Molineux all season and has not taken advantage anywhere near as much as he should. His assist for Diogo against the Blouses was first class and I think he should have done that much more throughout the season instead of taking an age to get his foot on the ball and giving defences time to get back and reorganise.

Sounds tough but if Darmian had been in our side this season I bet he'd have killed those stats, so it would be a definite upgrade in my eyes.

I'm going to enjoy this game.

Stoke win = Albion relegated
Palace win = Stoke relegated

It'll no doubt be a draw now I've posted this but I'm delighted with a result either way!!

This is a quality game.....if the quality was being based on a typical bottom half of the Championship game.

Palace look more threatening going forward. RLC is having a decent game too

Quality free kick though. 1-0 Stoke

Hennessey didn't even move

EDIT: Deflected off the wall, so not so quality after all...

Why are the Albion relegated if Stoke City win? They can still get the same amounts of points as Stoke.

Without looking, something to do with Stoke having to play Swansea and Swansea v Southampton probably, so they won't be able to catch one of them and they need to finish above them all

If Southampton beat Swansea they have 35 points
If Stoke beat Swansea they have 36 points
If Swansea win them both that have 39 points
If Swansea draw both they have 35

Basically any set of results after today if Stoke win v Palace mean Albion would not be able catch all of Swansea, Stoke and Southampton and therefore guaranteed to finish in the bottom 3

If Southampton beat Swansea they have 35 points
If Stoke beat Swansea they have 36 points
If Swansea win them both that have 39 points
If Swansea draw both they have 35

Basically any set of results after today if Stoke win v Palace mean Albion would not be able catch all of Swansea, Stoke and Southampton and therefore guaranteed to finish in the bottom 3

Very well explained!!

Palace level so all that typing was bloody pointless...

Way to easy for Palace as well

Was unbelievably easy wasn't it? You could see it coming a mile off.

Was unbelievably easy wasn't it? You could see it coming a mile off.

Good counter but so lazy from Stoke. Joe Allen gave up and left a ton of space for McArthur to run into

Thus would be their 8th draw in 15 right? They must have scored first quite a few times in that run too.

Back