• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Live Match Discussion 2017/18

Marseille goal and it's all over in Salzburg. Put someone on the post in that situation FFS. Absolutely cannot afford to concede, Marseille hadn't even massively loaded the box.

Ah well, I shed no tears for drinks companies getting dumped out of European competitions. Scandal that they were even allowed in given Leipzig also qualified (and they very nearly played each other, UEFA will have breathed a hefty sigh of relief after fudging it and thinking "oh well, it probably won't happen anyway).

On the Atletico discussion, I guess it comes down to whether you feel sport is entertainment first or competition first.

United have been so sloppy in the first 10 minutes. Given the ball away under no pressure about 5 or 6 times already

Poor from Rashford there, gifted a 2 on 1 and faffed around with it.

Clear, simple pass on for him as well. Decided he wanted the glory and got it all wrong
I'm not sure it was even a glory thing, he just didn't do anything either way and Brighton got men back, even had an escape to go back to Mata and retain a bit of dignity but ignored that one too. Was poor just before that to give away the throw in too.

Fellanis best attributes are not his feet.

He's either a target man, or..I can't actually think of another use for him

I'm not sure it was even a glory thing, he just didn't do anything either way and Brighton got men back, even had an escape to go back to Mata and retain a bit of dignity but ignored that one too. Was poor just before that to give away the throw in too.

I think he looks up sees its Martial free and decided not to pass to him as he's his competition for a starting place.

He's just not very good. If he played for any other team he'd be nowhere near the England squad.

That may well be the case, I'm not very good but I could still have made that pass if I'd wanted too. Simply he didn't want to pass it, then he messed it up afterwards.

That looked like a pen to me, not seen a replay yet.

United do look awful, is Jose off at the end of the season or something?

They're more or less nailed on to finish 2nd regardless and have a cup final to rest for.

Question: Why are tackles like that for Lingard's chance just never ever given a penalty? (Andy Keogh had one I remember)

Lingard gets his shot away but the defender has slid in, not got the ball, and brought him down. Not much force but still a foul anywhere else on the pitch.

I assume because he has shot and kicked the ball out of play. So the offending tackle has not created a disadvantage

Well done Brighton. Well done Hughton. All of those players and coaches should be incredibly proud of what they've just achieved.

Question: Why are tackles like that for Lingard's chance just never ever given a penalty? (Andy Keogh had one I remember)

Lingard gets his shot away but the defender has slid in, not got the ball, and brought him down. Not much force but still a foul anywhere else on the pitch.

I remember Berra getting sent off for similar under Ståle. Can't remember who against. The ref played advantage, but then the shot was off target, so he awarded a penalty and sent Berra off. Ståle was pissed. Said it had to be either play advantage or give the pen, but not both. Don't remember for sure but think most on here were not happy, either.

Back