• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Live Match Discussion 2017/18

Bit cringey Ronaldo celebrating like he's single handedly won the whole tournament after converting the penalty.

Big let off for Real.

Definite foul and unacceptable behaviour from Buffon, fair play to Oliver for sending him off.

Don't understand all the social media hate for Oliver?
You can't kick across someone from behind like that, and you can't get in a refs face and shove him like that.

Don't understand all the social media hate for Oliver?
You can't kick across someone from behind like that, and you can't get in a refs face and shove him like that.

Me either - he’s an easy target I guess. Lots of conspiracy theories as usual, because Madrid were awarded a late penalty.

Also people love Buffon so he could have stabbed him in the face and people would have defended him.

Stupid challenge from Benatia really, was going to need to be a good first touch in difficult circumstances for the lad to even get a chance of quick strike at goal, you'd fancy Buffon could've got out in his face if he'd taken than first touch and with Benatia closing from the other side would've needed a calm head to finish.

Dzagoev being forced off is the best thing that could have happened to CSKA.

Monreal's turn to get caught sleeping, another CSKA goal from a rebound.

All started from a terrible pass from Bellerin, could've just rolled it back to Cech but went to Ramsey instead even though he had nowhere to go and lost the ball easily. Long range effort soon followed and Cech struggled with it, the rebound knocked past him before he could even attempt to recover.

Arsenal having their best spell of the game now, Elneny puts it in the back of the net with a good header but he's miles offside, still 2-0.

Lacazette is such a non-event of a player, he may as well not be on the pitch so far.

Welbeck pulls one back.

Lovely one two with Elneny, the return pass is just rolled through beautifully and Welbeck ghosts in behind the defence to finish smartly beyond the onrushing keeper.

Got a lot of time for Elneny, not the most exciting player but doesn't seem to do much wrong and he's been getting very little support today when CSKA have the ball.

Great interplay and finish from Welbeck there.

If Welbeck puts together any kind of run of form then he'll go to the World Cup. The England management love him. The problem is that you never know if he's going to be quietly effective in that weird way of his, or whether he'll look like a genuine parks player. There isn't much in between.

Why the fuck does Ozil have so many games where he looks like the kid who got picked last in PE? He's been pathetic tonight, freekicks just scuffed into the first man, not bothered to chase anything that goes more than 2 steps away from him, it's like he's got zero interest in playing.

Why the $#@! does Ozil have so many games where he looks like the kid who got picked last in PE? He's been pathetic tonight, freekicks just scuffed into the first man, not bothered to chase anything that goes more than 2 steps away from him, it's like he's got zero interest in playing.

He's always been like that. I can't stand him. Even at Real he would look like he couldn't have cared less about 3 times out of 5.

I get the sense that he's just an infinitely more talented Sigurdarson, in that he doesn't have any passion whatsoever for football, it's just kind of the life he fell into based on his preternatural ability.

He's always been like that. I can't stand him. Even at Real he would look like he couldn't have cared less about 3 times out of 5.

I get the sense that he's just an infinitely more talented Sigurdarson, in that he doesn't have any passion whatsoever for football, it's just kind of the life he fell into based on his preternatural ability.

He looks like he's having the time of his life when things are going well though, I think he's just got no resilience whatsoever, as soon as things start to go sour he's out, completely reliant on others in the team to create a platform on which he can play rather than raising his own game to drag his team through the tough spells. He's spineless.

A second assist for Elneny, Ramsey with almost half the pitch to himself bears down on the keeper and lifts the ball beyond him with ease, Arsenal ruin what looked set to be a weird situation where every quarter final game was won by the home side.

You're not wrong, but I'd argue that doing anything well, even if you don't care for it especially, can be very enjoyable.

Definitely don't disagree that he comes off as incredibly spineless at times.

completely reliant on others in the team to create a platform on which he can play rather than raising his own game to drag his team through the tough spells. He's spineless.

The best summation of the enigma that is Mezut Ozil that I have seen. Absolutely bang on Mark

Back