• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Live Match Discussion 2017/18

Jokeshop defending. They could be three down.

Just zero awareness of where he is or what's around him, no keeper was coming to collect that far in front of their near post and should've known Long would look to make that run.

Wilshere's turn for some defensive ball-bagging, mindlessly sprints out at Cedric, quick 1-2 completely takes him out of the game and then it's laid on a plate for Austin.

And Welbeck misses an absolute sitter that would've put them back in front.

Why is the Sassuolo boss wearing a cap with a suit, he looks like an obsessive Trump fan.

_100758783_capture.png

Garth never ceases to amaze me. Smalling and Young were horrific on Saturday.

Ashley Young: I'm not sure what was worse, the tackle by Ashley Young on Manchester City's Sergio Aguero or the decision by Martin Atkinson not to give a penalty. Regardless, Young continues to show why he has forced his way back into the England set-up, once again displaying the sort of competitiveness that has characterised his season.

The fact Atkinson judged the tackle to be fair provides some indication of how far this referee was off the pace - and you can't blame Young for that.

Young was an absolute bomb scare :icon_lol:

Colour me shocked that seven of the ten outfield players scored at the weekend :icon_lol:

Almost as if he's incapable of analysing a game and just thinks "goal = good".

I can't make any sense of the Young selection, mind.

Arnautovic and Coleman. What?

Soares should probably be in for his performance against Arsenal.

Pep has erm... gone for it, to say the least.

Can't see Liverpool not scoring now.

Pep has erm... gone for it, to say the least.

Can't see Liverpool not scoring now.

Probably has little choice - needs to pull goals back quickly then can tighten up a little, then again if it allows Pool in then he will be in trouble

Probably has little choice - needs to pull goals back quickly then can tighten up a little, then again if it allows Pool in then he will be in trouble

Yep, agree. An early goal or two would make this a great tie I think.

Surprised he hasn't used Kompany though, going for it is one thing but got to be very wary of what Liverpool can do on the break especially with City having no away goals. You'd think it might be a case of resting him if Pep is hoping rather than expecting it to go to plan tonight but not really anything to rest him for, they can sleep walk to the title from where they are so this is their last big challenge.

It might be that he sees Otamendi as more mobile to play the central role (Otamendi is a risk there IMO mind) and wants Laporte to play on the left of the three to give balance and to help their build up.

I think I'd have gone for him in the middle too though he's played a fair few games lately.

Laporte really hasn't been that good on the left though.

Otamendi has regressed back to his airhead days lately, dives in all over the place, doesn't mark properly and loses the plot regularly. I can't see City keeping a clean sheet and once Liverpool score it's done.

I'm going with Villa vs Cardiff.

Kompany was awful against United, too. Not great form in any City CB recently.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Back