• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Live Match Discussion 2017/18

I think if you compare that to the tackles by Wheater, Roberts and Worrall on Jota alone, they're not even in the same bracket. And they all received a yellow card.

I think if you compare that to the tackles by Wheater, Roberts and Worrall on Jota alone, they're not even in the same bracket. And they all received a yellow card.
It's more a case of those others needing to be upgraded to red cards rather than downgrading Delph to a yellow to suit bad decisions elsewhere.

I'm saying he went to win the ball without in my subjective view malicious intent to take out the player, nor the force to cause damage unless he was unlucky. In my view that shouldn't be a red although as I said previously I acknowledge in the modern game it is. To be clear I am not advocating going back to the 70's here, just to where the game was about a decade ago.

I agree with you that there was no malicious intent in Delphs' challenge, he saw a ball that was loose and tried to win it. The rules as they are mean we have a comparatively watered down game but it should also mean we have less serious injuries

I agree with you that there was no malicious intent in Delphs' challenge, he saw a ball that was loose and tried to win it. The rules as they are mean we have a comparatively watered down game but it should also mean we have less serious injuries

Yet tackles such as Wheater on Jota and Bennett on Sane aren't punished correctly. They could have caused far more serious injury than Delph's last night.

The standard of officiating is abysmal across all divisions right now.

Yet tackles such as Wheater on Jota and Bennett on Sane aren't punished correctly. They could have caused far more serious injury than Delph's last night.

My biggest issue is the lack of retrospective action because the referee sees it. Rhetorical question but if he's shown a red and it's a mistake it can be reviewed so why if he doesn't but still makes a mistake can't it? If it were changed it would make for an interesting appeals process as presumably it would be the team sinned against that would appeal even though they wouldn't directly benefit and conceivably could be disadvantaged if the opposition player gets a ban from a game against a league rival.

I would argue it should result in a ban no matter the circumstances.

It looks like Aguero will get banned for his lash out at the fan and that will be retrospective so I don't see why tackles can't.

I don't think Aguero should get a ban (although he probably will). The fan has no right to be on the pitch and in his face in the first place.

No punishment for Aguero - which is absolutely the correct decision.

Agreed, consistency is what everybody is craving but it does seem different competitions have different rules.

No punishment for Aguero - which is absolutely the correct decision.

Good. Apparently Aguero was abused and spat at. I hope the fan gets banned for life but as it's Wigan I doubt anything will be done.

Really unlucky for Willian there, great effort.

Unlucky again Willian. Chelsea on top for me.

Mind the gap, mind the gap Leeds United!

Fucking hell he’s hit the other post now.

Back