• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Live Match Discussion 2017/18

It's a red card all day long. Delph goes over the ball and catches power with his studs up closer to his knee than his ankle. if that tackles happens on Jota for example we're going mental. Stupid challenge.

It's not like Batth's, nowhere near the force. My issue isn't whether it's a red or not, it's that Cook gets in the face of the fourth official, waving his imaginary red card and then all of a sudden it's a red.

Certainly looked that way, 4th official in Anthony Taylor's ear?

I'd agree with that. Another spineless referee. Delph and Batth get sent off yet the cunts at Blues and Cardiff don't for genuinely terrible potential injury tackles. PGMOL are a laughing stock not fit for purpose.

It's not like Batth's, nowhere near the force. My issue isn't whether it's a red or not, it's that Cook gets in the face of the fourth official, waving his imaginary red card and then all of a sudden it's a red.

Err okay...except theres far more force as Delph goes in with more than just a foot and hes higher off the ground...but still.

Err okay...except theres far more force as Delph goes in with more than just a foot and hes higher off the ground...but still.

Yeah, it's a clear red card once you see how he goes in. Leaves the floor at pace and then challenges with his studs well off the floor. The only debate should be about why the referee got the yellow card out and then changed his mind and showed him the red.

That does smell a touch suspicious about a word in the ear. Right decision, but that sort of thing is not what the VAR mike is for, is it?

What am I reading?? It’s as blatant a red as you’ll get. It’s as bad as Karl Henry’s against Wigan.

Goes in fast, at speed, doesn’t win the ball, tackle is high. Terrible challenge.

That does smell a touch suspicious about a word in the ear. Right decision, but that sort of thing is not what the VAR mike is for, is it?

Well that's what i am thinking. I know he got the decision right in the end but he was so sure it was only yellow until someone?? had a word with him.

It's nowhere near that Kaptain Karl challenge :icon_lol:

I'm not arguing it's a good challenge, it isn't. It's a yellow for me. Has he gone in to hurt the Wigan player? I would say no.

I didn't say it wasn't a red, I said it wasn't similar to Batth's. As has been pointed out to you numerous times before Batth was sent off for excessive force, he lunged at the ball after losing control, winning it is irrelevant. Seeing every sending or none sending off compared to it is tedious to be honest.

Red cards aren’t given out for trying to hurt people. They are given for shit tackles. He leaps in, doesn’t win the ball, follows through high. #stayonyourfeet

It's nowhere near that Kaptain Karl challenge :icon_lol:

I'm not arguing it's a good challenge, it isn't. It's a yellow for me. Has he gone in to hurt the Wigan player? I would say no.

I doubt he's gone to hurt Power but he could have done and he's lost control when you see where his foot is when he makes contact. Red card every day of the week.

Just watched the replay again. It's a dreadful challenge. Red for me all day long.

Power went down like he'd been shot and then jogs away.

Anyway, studs up, off the ground, at pace - red card in my view.

The problem is that this isn't a consistent view, same challenge will happen again and another ref won't even see it as a foul

Back