• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Live Match Discussion 2017/18

Freeze frames don't show the full incident. How I'd like the rules to be, it's not even a foul, how they are it's probably a red.

Well done Paul Cook, magnificent giant killing. Cheeky Wigan playing Oasis at the full time whistle!

I fucking hate Wigan as a club and hoped they'd be stuffed. Fair play to Cookey for acting the cunt and getting his team the win.

Amazing win for them. They defended incredibly well after they got the goal

I fucking hate Wigan as a club and hoped they'd be stuffed. Fair play to Cookey for acting the cunt and getting his team the win.
Exactly this, disgraceful club. Any wolves fan who is happy for wigan to win needs to have a very long hard look at themselves.

I didn't say it wasn't a red, I said it wasn't similar to Batth's. As has been pointed out to you numerous times before Batth was sent off for excessive force, he lunged at the ball after losing control, winning it is irrelevant. Seeing every sending or none sending off compared to it is tedious to be honest.

You said there was nowhere near the force of Batth's tackle compared to Delphs!!...Batth's was half paced, foot down and he was there before the City player even entertained the thought of tackling who then decided to go in for it anyway.
I purely said if Batth was getting sent off for his then Delph was a easily a goner...i'll use another example next time to vary the tedium.

To be fair Nathan Byrne should have gone for his studs up challenge into Aguero

So he didn't slide in with studs half way up the blokes shin?
No, he slid in won the ball and his momentum took the man without a great deal of force. As I said not the rules I'd like to see, but probably a red with those that do exist.

You said there was nowhere near the force of Batth's tackle compared to Delphs!!...Batth's was half paced, foot down and he was there before the City player even entertained the thought of tackling who then decided to go in for it anyway.
I purely said if Batth was getting sent off for his then Delph was a easily a goner...i'll use another example next time to vary the tedium.
We aren't ever going to see eye to eye on this and just like the Delph one I'd prefer the rules didn't make Batth's a red, but half paced? You have a blind spot on this issue that's beyond rational debate, so I'm done.

Exactly this, disgraceful club. Any wolves fan who is happy for wigan to win needs to have a very long hard look at themselves.
I so want to be happy for the underdog, spirit of the FA Cup and all that, in a couple of months time when they are sold I will be able to, but while that lying twat still owns them, I'm sorry I just can't.

I so want to be happy for the underdog, spirit of the FA Cup and all that, in a couple of months time when they are sold I will be able to, but while that lying twat still owns them, I'm sorry I just can't.

Same here. I wanted City to smash them. Cannot abide Dave Whelan - he's a nasty piece of work.

No, he slid in won the ball and his momentum took the man without a great deal of force. As I said not the rules I'd like to see, but probably a red with those that do exist.

To be fair, the rules are the way they are to stop players having carte blanche to do whatever they like as long as they win the ball first. A two footed lunge becomes OK because the player wins the ball. Or are you saying Delph didn't use excessive force in an uncontrolled way?

To be fair, the rules are the way they are to stop players having carte blanche to do whatever they like as long as they win the ball first. A two footed lunge becomes OK because the player wins the ball. Or are you saying Delph didn't use excessive force in an uncontrolled way?
I'm saying he went to win the ball without in my subjective view malicious intent to take out the player, nor the force to cause damage unless he was unlucky. In my view that shouldn't be a red although as I said previously I acknowledge in the modern game it is. To be clear I am not advocating going back to the 70's here, just to where the game was about a decade ago.

Back