• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Live Match Discussion 2017/18

Having a good game in the cup is very different though, although still reassuring.
True, but he was up against Aguero, sterling, Jesus and Bernado Silva, then they brought Sane and De Bruyne on :)

FWIW I think the way he sits so deep should play well against fast breaking teams in the prem.

I think my apprehension comes from how important I feel his on the ball skills are for us. Appreciate Nuno might go a different way next year if needed etc, but would love to see the current style continue.

Odd way to start this comment, but the goal that Chelsea just scored is what makes me have concerns about Coady for next season, if we are in the Prem. Might sound odd, but the speed and execution of thought from the top level players is something I dont think he will cope with in his Centre of the 3 position. Hull gave the ball away from a position of control and fairly advantageous set up, and then were punished despite that.

Granted not every team possesses the quality of Willian, but even Coady v a player the calibre of Defoe, is a large step up to the players in this division.

It was rubbish defending, 3 hull players and not one of them closed him down and gave him time to pick his spot

Late to this, but my worry would be being overrun in midfield if we were to play the same formation as we do now against the better sides and we'd need serious upgrades at wing back, but that's all for another day. We have away games over the next month or so when we will come up against sides that will have a go against us rather that sit back and try and stop us - Preston, Fulham and Villa, I think we'll know a lot more after those.

Having looked again Mata is ever so slightly off. Technically the correct decision

He was off, I just don't like the process that gets you to that decision.

He was off, I just don't like the process that gets you to that decision.

It baffles me that it's still so bad. There are umpteen examples to follow in American sport! It's not that difficult!

I've just noticed that both Sunderland and Hull could get back-to-back relegations this season. That's fucking incredible.

It's almost like the FA want VAR to fail

I don't think they're that intelligent. I think the sheer arrogance of the FA is marring this experiment. Not letting the crowd see, not getting the question right in the first place and then not using the correct software. It's almost like they're saying, it's our (FA) way as that is tight.

They could change but I doubt they will.

I don't think they're that intelligent. I think the sheer arrogance of the FA is marring this experiment. Not letting the crowd see, not getting the question right in the first place and then not using the correct software. It's almost like they're saying, it's our (FA) way as that is tight.

They could change but I doubt they will.

Yeah it's a shame because the referees are coming to the correct call. It is no surprise however that the powers do not want to do this in a transparent way. That is unfortunately the culture of the game.

It's a trial run, it will be interesting to see the reflections made at the end of the season and if they make any changes between now and then. I fear they won't.

I agree YW. I have a feeling this will be a massive wasted opportunity and give credence to the silly 'you get some decisions and not others and it all levels out' crap.

We have the opportunity to get things tight but people don't want it. Seems a stupid way to go.

Llorente rapidly adding himself to the Rebrov/Postiga/Rasiak/Soldado/Janssen Spurs striker Hall of Shame.

Back