• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Live Match Discussion 2017/18

He was good when talking about his own career, but didn't offer much by way of observation about the match.

Just been talking to an Albion fan about their survival chances this season, and we had a look at their remaining fixtures. We both agreed they need at least 5 and most likely 6 wins (or variant of wins/draws) to stand any realistic chance of survival. So probably 18 more points to get to the 1 ppg - in just 12 games. Thus increasing their ppg ratio from 0.77 to 1.50.

Chelsea (a)
Huddersfield (h)
Watford (a)
Leicester (h)
Bournemouth (a)
Burnley (h)
Swansea (h)
Man Utd (a)
Liverpool (h)
Newcastle (a)
Tottenham (h)
Crystal Palace (a)

Can you see 6 wins in amongst that lot? Bear in mind they've only won 3 times in 26 league games, how are they going to get double that in less than half the number of remaining games? There are some winnable fixtures in there (Huddersfield at home in a few weeks time looks like a huge fixture for both sides) but Southampton on Saturday was winnable and they came away from that with nothing.

My mate thinks they're fucked and it's hard to disagree with him.

They've scored 0 or 1 in 21 of their 26 games.

They don't have it in them to solve that problem. Gone for me.

It's central midfield which is doing them in more than anything, so pedestrian and lacking in flair.

That's a shocking stat. A lot of reliance on the form and fitness of Sturridge. Even fortuitous bastards like Albion must realise that's pushing even their luck.

Huddersfield are going too. They've given up on what got them there in the first place. They're woeful going forward.

It is a league full of utter, utter shit this season.

Guy Mowbray, the complete buffoon, was talking about how well Pardew, Moyes and Alladyce were doing and that age and PL experience was the really important factor. I don't think he had been told that Pardew had won a total of 1 league game in 10 (1 in 5), Moyes 2 in 10 (1 in 5) and Alladyce had won 3 in 10 (1 in 5).

Idiot.

BFS has done a fucking shocking job. They'd have been as well sticking with Unsworth.

He's spent £25m on Cenk Tosun and now says he isn't playing because he needs to acclimatise. Tell me you gravy guzzling fraud, how is he going to do that by not playing?

BFS has done a fucking shocking job. They'd have been as well sticking with Unsworth.

He's spent £25m on Cenk Tosun and now says he isn't playing because he needs to acclimatise. Tell me you gravy guzzling fraud, how is he going to do that by not playing?

I hate it that the press fawn over these morons and chairmen still keep giving them jobs. You can add Lambert and Pulis to that mix too. Utter rubbish.

I hate it that the press fawn over these morons and chairmen still keep giving them jobs. You can add Lambert and Pulis to that mix too. Utter rubbish.

You're preaching to the choir mate, I got a radio interview off this remember :D

Allardyce earns more than Diego Simeone, seriously.

In fairness to Allardyce I think this is the first club job he's had that has been an unmitigated disaster. He usually does come up with just enough of the goods.

He was diabolical at Newcastle as well.

Almost as if his level is a bit of firefighting at smallish, seemingly doomed clubs.

His football isn't compatible with a big club.

He was diabolical at Newcastle as well.

Almost as if his level is a bit of firefighting at smallish, seemingly doomed clubs.

His football isn't compatible with a big club.
Good enough to manage Real Madrid though...

Wouldn't take the salary drop now.

I really hope Everton bin him off as that would be retirement for his wonderful football surely.

Interestingly, judging by WestBrom.com, which actually isn't Villatalk levels of idiocy (bar Dinglewatch, which I take as a charming flaw), there is a lot of discontent about Pardew. I love the "should we have kept Pulis" stuff on there. The West Brom way clearly loses relevance when relegation beckons and both of your main rivals might pass like ships in the night. I hope they enjoy Blues next season.

I wonder how many gums BFS has chewed in his life..must hve raised the gum industry himself by 50%..

I would give more support to his assistance to white wine. I mean, pints of it is a fucking solid effort.

With Cotterill you would hope so, but I think they are going to scrape survival

Im not a Surridge fan but the way Pardew was bigging him up last week i felt sorry for him.
Talk about putting all hopes on one player to keep them up, Pardew runs Cotterill close for talking utter bullshit.

Fair to say the Swansea v Notts County game is a tad one sided.

Back