• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Live Match Discussion 2017/18

It’s been very entertaining! Both decisions through VAR correct too. Hopefully that will teach players to stop little pulls like that.

I just don't know why it takes so long. It was obvious after one replay what had happened.

Liverpool really are a case of don’t believe the hype, so inept at the back.

I just don't know why it takes so long. It was obvious after one replay what had happened.

Yeah the second one especially, was just a blatant penalty. Think Pawson just wanted to make sure for himself so it comes down to trust I think. I think after the trial the big thing will be about how we can use it more efficiently. It’s definirely getting the right decisions anyway

Yeah the second one especially, was just a blatant penalty. Think Pawson just wanted to make sure for himself so it comes down to trust I think. I think after the trial the big thing will be about how we can use it more efficiently. It’s definirely getting the right decisions anyway

But if the slight touching on an elbow is a penalty then we need at least 5 penalties a match for everytime its done at every corner.
We cant only have one when teams are attacking in open play.
Salah went down like Fucking Billy the Fish and got up even quicker to appeal.....hes a fanny.

Here's a thought, will VAR bring about the end of diving? If things get reviewed then diving won't give you an advantage

Don’t mind it for goal line technology or even a offside but penalties or red cards should be left for the opinion of the referee.
Basically if it’s here to stay matter of fact situations must only be used for VAR.

But if the slight touching on an elbow is a penalty then we need at least 5 penalties a match for everytime its done at every corner.
We cant only have one when teams are attacking in open play.
Salah went down like Fucking Billy the Fish and got up even quicker to appeal.....hes a fanny.

Slight touching? He pulled him down. I agree on the theatrics but it is still a clear penalty. And it really annoys me when penalties like that din't generally get given because it isn't noticed.

And Andy, I think it will. Or it will at least improve them. At some point the players are going to realise they can't get away with it, just like pulling off the ball etc.

Not having that he pulled him down. Yes he put his hand on him but that happens how many times in a game and you can't give everyone of those. Had he pulled him, Salah would have spun around a little rather than flop to the floor. The offside decision was right, i think the penalty is debatable however and yes i can see that there is contact and an arm on Salah but no pull from me, very soft penalty. The decisions took too long as well and then the stoppage time didn't make up for it.

I think you two are in the minority on that - all I have seen is widespread agreement that it is a penalty.

It took too long on that occasion I agree but as I said earlier I think that is what they will try to fix. It certainly didn't take away from the entertainment of what was a very good game.

I'm glad to be in that minority then. Like i said yes there is contact and the hand does go on him but he didn't pull him back and it certainly wasn't enough for Salah to go down like he did. Have a good look at it and put yourself in Salah's position, would you have gone down like that with the touch he got? i know i wouldn't. The VAR wasn't sure either hence why he told the ref to have a look at the screen himself.

I really REALLY am not a fan of VAR at all. We managed for over a century without this. I can accept goal line tech but the rest of it is bollocks.

But why not get these decisions right? every single decision was right today. It didn't take away from the flow of the game plus it will only get better with time. We should always try to make use of the technology at our disposal.

I really REALLY am not a fan of VAR at all. We managed for over a century without this. I can accept goal line tech but the rest of it is bollocks.

Yeah i'm not a fan either. I've already given my reason so many times but there are more now having seen it a few times. There are the obvious ones like the time it takes and some decisions are still subjective so not over turning or over turning decisions is still going to lead to controversy. There are so many more things too like nobody actually knows what's going on or what the conversation is between the VAR and the ref.

I get why they want it and i get it needs trials but they really haven't thought it through and have just gone with it. It needs massive work away from the pitch as well as on it if it's going to work as it should.

I actually thought VAR was bordering on the farcical today tbh. The penalty in particular (which I thought wasn't clear cut enough to be given on VAR anyway) took far too long. If it takes that many replays and that long to come to a decision then it isn't a definite penalty and you don't give it, we move on.

I like the idea of VAR but I just think it should only be in play when the referee makes a clear and obvious mistake (such as in cricket). If someone can see the ref got it 100% wrong and everyone would agree after one or two replays then a quick word in his ear and the ref changes his decision. Having him run off the pitch to have a look at the screen is just unneccesary.

But why not get these decisions right? every single decision was right today. It didn't take away from the flow of the game plus it will only get better with time. We should always try to make use of the technology at our disposal.

It did take away from the flow of the game. The stoppage for the penalty was 3 minutes and no one knew what was going on and then the time lost wasn't added on. I still maintain the penalty decision was wrong too, contact yes but no pull and Salah dived.

Livermore does definitely pull at him and he's a fucking idiot for doing so. Penalty for me, the issue for me is that as far as I was concerned, it looked like a pen after one replay, we didn't need 20.

Honestly how could no one have known what was going on? It didn't take a genius to work out they were reviewing it. It didn't take away from the flow, the game was just as entertaining either side of any time taken for the VAR. There were stoppages for injuries too which took over a minute and they didn't change what was a very good game too.

I don't disagree that the stoppages are too long right now, when the trial is over I think this is the key thing they need to review but I don't see why those who were against it from the start are refusing to accept that it is helping decisions be more accurate. Because it quite clearly is.

Just seen the penalty on Match of the day and it's the right decision, but it took bloody forever to give it on the highlights. God knows how long it must have seemed in real time.

Just seen the penalty on Match of the day and it's the right decision, but it took bloody forever to give it on the highlights. God knows how long it must have seemed in real time.

Livermore does definitely pull at him and he's a fucking idiot for doing so. Penalty for me, the issue for me is that as far as I was concerned, it looked like a pen after one replay, we didn't need 20.

Yep, this was the main thing for me. And I think it will improve with time.

Back