• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Live Match Discussion 2017/18

Well the reasons for why VAR is required are no more apparent than what has just happened at Cardiff.

What the fuck has just happened there?! Deary me.

How can they have a chat about it and then get it wrong?! How can Lee Mason watch him stick it in the top bin and see no one complain but then disallow it. AND he wasn’t even offside!

Understandable decision for me. What is unacceptable is the commentary team's blathering around it, and completely misinterpreting things

I absolutely loathe Lawrenson. Biggest bell end in Football punditry.

Game over! Another great selection by the BBC.

Nothing wrong with the selection. Best team in country/world against high flier in lower league on their patch. I’ll happily watch Colin get thumped regardless of opposition though.

Nothing wrong with the selection. Best team in country/world against high flier in lower league on their patch. I’ll happily watch Colin get thumped regardless of opposition though.

99% chance of it being the uncompetitive fair it's been. Same with Yeovil on Friday. Unsurprisingly Cardiff are being shown up for the dirty, basketball, wannabe cloggers that they are.

I am so agreeing with this. Colin getting fucking annihilated is magnificent. A televisual feast.

Horrendous from Bennett. Properly nasty challenge.

99% chance of it being the uncompetitive fair it's been. Same with Yeovil on Friday. Unsurprisingly Cardiff are being shown up for the dirty, basketball, wannabe cloggers that they are.

given it’s Colin they might get dirtier second half too.

What the actual fuck was the referee thinking just giving a yellow? Retrospective red and a ban for the ref should, but won't, happen.

On first viewing I thought it was a standard 'taking one for the team' yellow, Sane's touch took him away from goal, so that's fair enough. It's only on replay you see how high up he took him, so I'd give the ref a pass on that one.

No real surprise that Sane hasn't reappeared for the 2nd half.

On first viewing I thought it was a standard 'taking one for the team' yellow, Sane's touch took him away from goal, so that's fair enough. It's only on replay you see how high up he took him, so I'd give the ref a pass on that one.

The linesman is looking straight at it and Mason isn’t that far away however his view may have been impeded. Between the pair of them they need to get that right.

I don't, VAR should be used for that too as the utter cuntpuddle running the line should have referred it.

I also like how it's used in Rugby League (in the UK) where the on field referee gives his decision (eg Try or No Try) and asks for clarification on any infringement that he suspects (player offside, obstruction, grounding, etc.). It is then up to the Video Ref to find compelling evidence to overrule the original decision.
I saw a good example a few months back, player dived over/through/into a crowd of players trying to score a try and the referee initially awarded it but referred to VAR to see if he'd be correct as it was difficult to be certain through the crowd. They went through about 10 camera angles and none of them showed a definitive answer as to whether the ball was grounded before the line so they stuck with the referee's initial judgment in lieu of any better information. I with the current setup in football it would be a nightmare as you'd have the standstill then just stick with the original verdict but because it's communicated to the crowd in rugby everyone can get on board with what's happening.

thought hoilett had scored then. great effort.

Back