• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Live Match Discussion 2017/18

I pray that Wilshere stays fit. He has looked great nearly everytime I've watched him this season, looks genuinely sharp too and is actually getting through 90 minutes on a consistent basis.

Barkley does need time. The jury is out on him understandably but I do rate him as a player, he's just quite frustrating too!

Wilshere to the rest of our current central midfielders is like Lescott to every other Wolves centre half from 2000-2016.

I have a horrible feeling Southgate will go ultra-cautious and go essentially with Dier + two others in front who rarely push on and rarely take risks. Because he's a fucking shit manager.

Feels like he is comitted to three central defenders (which will inevitably feature Gary Cahill ffs), and he seemed to be leaning towards a three in midfield as you described. That too will most likely contain Henderson and one other in front of Dier. Dier I can handle, he;s a steady player, can adapt to different formations/positions but you can't have him and someone else who contributes fuck all in an attacking sense.

I'd be tempted to play Dier and Wilshere in a 3-4-3 at the moment.

There has to be a doubt as to whether Henderson will be fit enough to even merit consideration.

Wilshere is an absolute no brainer if he stays fit.

We'll be playing with wing backs too given Gareth's comments before the last set of games.

Yeah will definitely be wing backs. To be fair I think that is the right call. We don't have out and out wingers either, Sterling, Alli, Rashford are all better inside. And we don't have an outstanding defence so they extra defender and less responsibility for Walker/Rose/Shaw defending the better.

As it stands I think his 3 at the back with be Jones, Stones and Maguire, not Cahill

He bloody loves Cahill and Henderson. I have no doubt both will start if fit.

They shouldn't, of course.

Livermore is the worst semi-regular England international I've seen since good old Carlton, he's actually a worse player than him as well.

Livermore can't get in the Albion side at the moment, so that should put pay to his chances. There's also a 3rd keeper space up for grabs as I don't think he can take Hart or Forster unless they get back in. Whoever ends the season in goal for Burnley seems the most likely option.

Jones. Stones. Maguire
Walker. Dier. Wilshire. Shaw
Sterling. Kane. Alli

That's not a bad team

I'm not a big fan of Maguire at all (maybe his massive head puts me off, or the fact that he thinks he's the second coming of Rio Ferdinand when he isn't actually that good on the ball) and Smalling >>>> Jones for me, but yeah, that's not bad.

Butland in nets for me.

Shaw isn't good enough going forward for a wing back role for me. He's a proper, proper full back when he's fit and firing through. I'm delighted to see him back in the fold at United.

Jones. Stones. Maguire
Walker. Dier. Wilshire. Shaw
Sterling. Kane. Alli

That's not a bad team
Rose if fit instead of Shaw, somebody instead of Alli on the left of the 3, maybe Rashford as I can't think of a realistic alternative

I'm not a big fan of Maguire at all (maybe his massive head puts me off, or the fact that he thinks he's the second coming of Rio Ferdinand when he isn't actually that good on the ball) and Smalling >>>> Jones for me, but yeah, that's not bad.

Butland in nets for me.

You know it will be Hart between the sticks

Bertrand on the left for me, but otherwise that's not a bad team. A decent coach could do something with that...

Bayern doing Bayern things, down 0-2 at Hoffenheim and now leading 5-2.

Liverpool v West Brom is one of the most bizarre games I've seen I think.

It’s been very entertaining! Both decisions through VAR correct too. Hopefully that will teach players to stop little pulls like that.

Back