• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Live Match Discussion 2016/17

The back four was never very good and had an absolute freak season last year. Stoke got rid of Huth on a free for a reason, ditto Newcastle with Simpson and Wes Morgan never even looked good in the Championship. Just a massive lump.

Kante is a loss they could never cover but they haven't adapted the system to fit, still playing two man midfields when they don't have the personnel.

Summer business was very poor, Hernandez has already gone, Mendy is never fit, Slimani and Musa don't get in their best team really. Mahrez hasn't turned up and Vardy gets no service (plus teams sit deeper against them now, don't let them bomb balls over the top so he can burn you with pace).

Derby would be much better if they swapped bent for someone who gave a shit

Leicester wouldn't look out of place in the championship

I'd say King, Albrighton and Morgan are Championship footballers through and through.

It was all momentum last season, they felt they couldn't lose. Perfect storm of every big club completely stacking it all at the same time...it would have seemed harsh to ditch these players but they really had the opportunity to massively step up on quality and they missed it.

Fuchs has been appalling this season too.

This 4-4-2 just doesn't work without Kante. It's a mess and how he hasn't realised and changed it is staggering.

I'd say King, Albrighton and Morgan are Championship footballers through and through.

It was all momentum last season, they felt they couldn't lose. Perfect storm of every big club completely stacking it all at the same time...it would have seemed harsh to ditch these players but they really had the opportunity to massively step up on quality and they missed it.

It's amazing how much confidence and self belief can affect how well a team performs.

I guess they thought they were in their rightful position. They could have easily tempted a few quality players in over the summer.

I look at Derby's midfield and think they are streets ahead of ours. Bryson, Hughes and Johnson are a different class to any of ours.

I think they may well end up in the play-offs this year.

This 4-4-2 just doesn't work without Kante. It's a mess and how he hasn't realised and changed it is staggering.

And Fuchs has been withdrawn at half time.

I look at Derby's midfield and think they are streets ahead of ours. Bryson, Hughes and Johnson are a different class to any of ours.

I think they may well end up in the play-offs this year.

I do like Hughes, so comfortable on the ball. They should in the playoffs with the team they have

Decent game this - not that much between the bottom half of the Premier & any top half Championship side

I refuse to get it down to just Kante

Steve Walsh left Leicester for Everton. His official position was as scout, but he did far more than that. And many people at the club feel he has been badly missed on the training ground.

Mahrez on for the Foxes. Will we see the Mahrez of last season or the Mahrez of this season who has often looked as if he would rather be elsewhere.

Steve Walsh left Leicester for Everton. His official position was as scout, but he did far more than that. And many people at the club feel he has been badly missed on the training ground.

Steve Walsh was Head of Recruitment Frank and is held in very high esteem by almost everybody in the game. He was always going to be difficult to replace.

Best chance of a Leicester equaliser is a corner headed in by Huth or Morgan. IMO.

Back