• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Live Match Discussion 2016/17

Alderweireld is the best centre half in the league IMO.

Another howler by Claudio Bravo, nowhere near good enough.

Man City in the 30s, thought you would remember...

Man City in the 30s, thought you would remember...

Yes now you mention it....

A friend of mine who has followed Leicester home and away for years said he was surprised at how poor they were today. He feels that Vardy and Mahrez give the impression of wanting to be elsewhere, and too many other players still living on last seasons glories. He said he is genuinely concerned at how easy they are to play against away from home.

Seems to me like they're playing last season's tactics without the most important player in Kante. They got away with only playing two in the middle because his workrate and ability to cover the pitch was exceptional (he's doing it for Chelsea now). You stick Amartey/King in there alongside Drinkwater and it looks powderpuff and easy to overrun.

Plus there are players like Huth/Morgan/Simpson/Albrighton who had the seasons of their life last season, fair play to them for that but realistically they aren't very good.

Kante is a massive loss, but last season they defended so well. Apparently today, every time Watford attacked, they looked like scoring. Surely just losing one man shouldn't make such a difference, and they have spent plenty of money. And also, they still haven't conceded a goal in the champions league. It doesn't make sense.

I wouldn't seek to denigrate their achievements in Europe but that is probably the weakest Champions League group I've seen in 20 years. Copenhagen and Brugge are really poor and it's not a great Porto team.

Their signings haven't improved them from what I can see, Hernandez is just a back up, so is Zieler, Kapustka can't get a kick, Musa and Slimani struggle for gametime and when they do play don't seem to fit the pattern of play, Mendy has been crocked and is unproven anyway. I would have thought they'd be saying thanks for everything but time to move on to at least one of the centre halves.

Newcastle fans proving that some of their fans are as brain dead as some of ours.

Chelsea are looking very decent this season. I think they will win the league this season, though Manchester City might have a say in proceedings

Top assist by Dean Marney for Matt Phillips. 1-0 Albion.

Can I double check that my TV is ok....can everyone else watching this hear any crowd noise?

A small cheer as Morrison makes it 2-0. Keeper has to save that.

Back