• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Live Match Discussion 2016/17

Sadly this is true, the owner has completely disappeared... so another great football league club going bust

Real shame they were good competitors when we were down in league 1 and their fans were top notch when we went there after being promoted.

On another note Blackburn have already made it known if there displeasure of Huddersfield antics today, really hope some karma is coming there way in the play offs.

Orient announced the match was abandoned. Then finished it once everyone fucked off. Scenes.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Orient announced the match was abandoned. Then finished it once everyone fucked off. Scenes.

A real pity what has been allowed to happen to them - The FA's 'fit & proper test' is not fit or proper

The FA/FL made a fair point the other day - they can only check up on what someone has done prior to attempting to buy a club. If the money is there (Becchetti isn't skint by any means, he's just walked away), they don't have any convictions and aren't currently in any legal trouble, they haven't run clubs into the ground overseas, they aren't obviously seeking to asset strip as soon as they come in, they aren't linked to property developers, the current owners are happy enough to sell to them...then what really can be done? They can't second guess that someone's going to be a lunatic once they've got their feet under the table.

Someone like Cellino should have been stopped because it was abundantly clear that he was bad news, he was awaiting trial for tax fraud for crying out loud as well as his antics at Cagliari being a matter of public record. Gaydamak too given that he had no proof of wealth of his own and Daddy was a convicted arms dealer. SISU...well they're just a hedge fund who made seriously shit decisions and don't care once it's clear that there's going to be no return on their money, they aren't going to chuck any extra funds or effort at it.

What might be an idea is that any new owners have to stick down a £1m bond as a condition of buying the club, that's lodged with the FL and it serves as a bit of insurance if they subsequently have a wobbly and decide to stop paying the wages and bills. You can have it back if and when you sell the club on (and it hasn't had to be used up because you behaved like a dick).

Knock on effect of that would be that the FL would have £72m in their coffers to put somewhere...and while they can't touch the funds themselves, all of the interest accrued could go straight into grass roots football, or subsidising coaching courses (to the point where you could probably make the most basic ones practically free to anyone who wants one and will put the work in).

Bolton up (sorry to be the bearer of bad news), Port Vale down, Scunthorpe vs Millwall and Fleetwood vs Bradford in the playoffs.

United chucking points away at home yet again, advantage Liverpool.

Bolton up (sorry to be the bearer of bad news), Port Vale down, Scunthorpe vs Millwall and Fleetwood vs Bradford in the playoffs.

United chucking points away at home yet again, advantage Liverpool.
Remind me again why we hate Bolton?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Because not only do we have previous history with the cheating wankers, they also stand for everything that is wrong with the game, have no respect for history and are a rabid bunch of corporate, money grabbing pustules on the anus of humanity.

And I've not even started on the fact they have 2 tunnels (one for each team), Lofty the bastard Lion, the flag bearers when they score and the steepest stand in the world in their shite vastly overrated shit pile of a ground.

They are page 1, chaper 1, part 1 sub section A on 'what is shit about modern day football' and they day they go bankrupt can't come soon enough.

They've employed all of Sam Allardyce, Phil Brown, Gary Megson and Owen Coyle in the last 15 years or so. Think how morally bankrupt you've got to be to do that.

Because not only do we have previous history with the cheating $#@!ers, they also stand for everything that is wrong with the game, have no respect for history and are a rabid bunch of corporate, money grabbing pustules on the anus of humanity.

And I've not even started on the fact they have 2 tunnels (one for each team), Lofty the bastard Lion, the flag bearers when they score and the steepest stand in the world in their $#@!e vastly overrated $#@! pile of a ground.

They are page 1, chaper 1, part 1 sub section A on 'what is $#@! about modern day football' and they day they go bankrupt can't come soon enough.

They've employed all of Sam Allardyce, Phil Brown, Gary Megson and Owen Coyle in the last 15 years or so. Think how morally bankrupt you've got to be to do that.

:icon_lol:

Spurs miss two open goals in two minutes, skillz.

Get in Spurs!

Dele Alli is an unreal talent.

On the other hand, Gabriel is pure shite.

Soft but a penalty all day.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Sanchez showing some top attitude here in the closing stages, looking like the sort of bloke who'd walk off the pitch in a Sunday morning game if it wasn't going his way.

Still a reasonable assumption that this very good Spurs side will never win the Premier league, close last season and this before two seasons of stadium changes.

Back