• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Lettuce Liz then Tetchy Rish! and the battle to replace him

Totally agree. I was also shit at Maths in school and still am, but in this day and age we have so many tools to calculate numbers for us that we dont need to know the actual mechanics of maths, we just need to be comfortable with the concepts.
I work with numbers on a weekly basis and mainly use Excel formulas to calculate percentages, or Google it if I get stuck. This is the stuff that kids should be learning - how to work with spreadsheets, how to insert formulas and formatting etc. Makes you work more efficiently and saves time in the long run.
The Postmasters that went to jail trusted the system.

Some of them died before their convictions were overturned.

We should never trust machines to get it right without having a team of people that knows the answer first.

Of course this numeracy bullshit just means that the current NHS crisis isn't being talked about.

It's the most pathetic of deflection tactics.

There should be a mechanism for the public to trigger a general election not just politicians. But bizarrely there isn't.

Must agree with the PwC types. The arseholes sent out to do audit on my area were so wet behind the ears on how the world worked it defied belief.
Once had a fresh out of college consultant tell me (and my PM) he could save us 15% on laptops.

When my PM asked if it was 15% on RRP or 15% on the deal he'd negotiated with a supplier (which was vastly better than 15%) the response was just "15%". The consultant didn't know if he was saving on RRP and was just parroting a formula that had been used elsewhere before.

Long story short, the PM who had negotiated the deal ignored him.

There's definitely a mixture of both IMO - he wouldn't be in the position he's in within that horrendous party if he wasn't a total cunt. Speaks volumes that he's not the worst of them mind you.

Agree with the 2nd paragraph entirely. It'd be like me going into the cricket thread and telling everyone that they're all wrong and this is how you play the game.

(I know as much about cricket as I do about crochet and find it about as interesting)
Weirdly enough I think that was more or less the wording of Tom Harrison's application to be chairman of the ECB, and he got the job so, well, you never know.

Once had a fresh out of college consultant tell me (and my PM) he could save us 15% on laptops.

When my PM asked if it was 15% on RRP or 15% on the deal he'd negotiated with a supplier (which was vastly better than 15%) the response was just "15%". The consultant didn't know if he was saving on RRP and was just parroting a formula that had been used elsewhere before.

Long story short, the PM who had negotiated the deal ignored him.
get you hob nobbing with "your rishi"!

One of the new maths questions unveiled
584C7118-51E5-4010-A648-93E9CF152587.jpeg

pB44fyp5TfgT.gif

Hmmmm

1. If it happens will have absolutely fuck all to do with government policy. I would also suggest that taking an economy with less than 1% inflation, pushing the rate over 10% and then bringing it back to 5% is hardly an excuse for a governmental circle jerk.
2. Definition please you vacuous dwarf
3. The only way you are bringing national debt down is by increasing taxes still further or cutting services. Which leads to…
4. Frankly, I don’t fucking believe you, you fucking cunt. The NHS is utterly on its knees due to horrific slashing of investment and so waiting lists are at utterly record levels. Claiming credit for a drop from record to still miles worse than the day your party assumed power isn’t going to work any more.
5. A promise to appease your gammon wankers. The rest of us don’t want this. Because we actually have souls.

What does he even mean by "new laws to stop small boats". They're illegal now, aren't they? I'm not sure they'll care too much if you invent something else to make it more illegal.

We are becoming one of the great international lawbreakers. At the end of that path lies pariah state.

Yeah Labour, why aren't you doing stuff in Government, eh? You've done bugger all since 2010.

Back