• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Lettuce Liz then Tetchy Rish! and the battle to replace him

In an entirely predictable move, Nadine Dorries says the removal of Liz Truss can only happen if it results in the immediate reinstatement of Boris Johnson as he actually has a mandate.

Never saw that coming. Not at all.
She has been saying it for about a week now

More Tory MPs call for Liz Truss to resign

Hendon Conservative MP Matthew Offord becomes the latest rebel to call for Liz Truss to resign.
He said Ms Truss needed to agree on a “dignified exit” from No 10. He told the Evening Standard: “I can't see the situation being sustainable.
“She does need to sit down and discuss it with her Cabinet and with others to manage some kind of dignified exit.”
Tory MP Steve Double has joined calls for his party to unite behind a candidate such as Rishi Sunak to replace Liz Truss after scenes in the Commons that he said “were unprecedented and beggars belief”.
Reiterating his call for the prime minister to go, the St Austell and Newquay MP issued a statement saying: “The prime minister has lost control of the government and the confidence of Conservative MPs.
“For the good of the country, she needs to resign.”
Tory MP Henry Smith has called for Liz Truss to go as he warned “solid leadership” has been “distinctly lacking” from Downing Street in recent weeks.
He told Times Radio: "I think we need new leadership. I think she should do the honourable thing and say that her premiership has made the wrong calls, not just once or twice but consistently since coming into office almost two months ago, and that now it's time for strong leadership to come back to this country.

Reports are that she'll stay in place until the 31st Budget is announced but she'll be gone straight afterwards. Might be announced today.

Time for Labour to call a Vote of no confidence? It'll be a game but if it gets Conservative MPs to vote in support of her then it will be election leaflet material on top of the fracking votes from yesterday.

Some more reports she is off and her Drug Lord and part time bouncer Deputy will step in until they force another fucking idiot upon on the nation

So it's either

A) Fuck you, I'm going nowhere
B) Turns out I am a quitter and you are getting another one of us you hate leading the Country
C) I'm calling a GE

Off she pops then

Doing all the greatest hits as well from her 6 week term as well

Husband came out with her and she's gone.

Its another bastard shambles.

Sounded like she'd been on the drink.

Again though, the incumbent PM will stay until a successor is chosen. It should be over to the Deputy in the interim (although in this case, probably glad it's not...).

Good riddance. Ludicrous choice by the Parliamentary Party and the Members. Anyone with just a basic knowledge of Politics and Economics could see that she would be a disaster.

The Conservatives have no authority to rule and they have piled this shit upon us and they need to go now.

She had to last until 4th Jan to avoid being the shortest-lived PM ever. Missed by miles as it turns out.

u-turned on yesterdays pmq statement that she's not a quitter in 24 hours!

Back