• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Lettuce Liz then Tetchy Rish! and the battle to replace him

A lot of what he said in that interview was good and the headline Labour plans for cutting waiting times make sense, although it's easy in opposition to make the right noises. There was a broader point he was trying to make which is a conversation which needs to be had, the answer to the NHS's problems isn't as simple as just throwing money at it, the language used was stupid and crass though.

Tetchy Rishi getting tetchy about being labelled as being tetchy.

But I just fought hard for what I believed in – every day, seven days a week for six weeks. I’m the same person now, I am fighting for the things I believe in. There’s nothing tetchy. But I am passionate. When things are not working the way I want them to work, of course I’m going to be frustrated.’

Scott Benton (Blackpool South) done for lobbying and should face a recall and by-election.

Scott Benton (Blackpool South) done for lobbying and should face a recall and by-election.
Good.

You have to wonder how much is actually going on that we never get to hear about...

By repeatedly indicating his willingness to disregard the house’s rules [on paid lobbying], and by giving the impression that many members of the house had in the past and will in the future engage in such misconduct, Mr Benton committed a very serious breach of paragraph 11 of the rules. His comments gave a false impression of the morality of MPs in a way which, if the public were to accept them as accurate, would be corrosive to respect for Parliament and undermine the foundations of our democracy.

I would imagine Labour would be supremely confident in a Blackpool South by election

Tory majority is about 3,500 at the minute. Reform will cannibalise some of that (Brexit/UKIP did well there in the 2010s, shamefully the BNP almost retained their deposit twice in the 2000s) and Labour should hoover up. It was Labour all the way from 1997 up to 2019.

Is he the one that had a bit of a Twitter spat with James O'Brien?

Benton appealing the process as apparently he “has done nothing wrong”” and the process was not “transparent”

He has been to Trump school. When you can’t argue the charge argue the process and the jurisdiction.

Back