• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Lettuce Liz then Tetchy Rish! and the battle to replace him

Well - the Tory conference surely can't get any more batshit mental, can it?

1696413926261.png

Oh. I double checked this to see if it's a parody account, but nope. A genuine tweet :ROFLMAO:

This is like Paddy complaining that another poster is being 'a bit sweary'.

I might do that one day just to see the reaction!

On another note the first comments comparing Braverman’s speech to rivers of blood are in. Powell was forced to resign. Braverman will wear the comparisons as a badge of honour.

Surely the most bizarre quote/statement of the week of Tory madness can be voted on?

1. Mark Harper telling conference that he''ll stop councils from stopping you from shopping.
2. Claire Coutinho repeating Sunak's meat taxes lie.
3. Therese Coffey claiming that she'll revoke the bendy banana legislation.
4. Michelle Donelan still claiming that her party is the party of facts despite being shown 3 clips of lies made by ministers.
5. James Cleverley having to visit the Falklands to stop Labour from handing them over to Argentina.
6. Liz Truss claiming that when PM, despite her policies crashing the economy, that they were/are all correct.
7. Penny Mordaunt now claiming that Labour will take the country back to the nightmare of the 1980's. Someone should tell her who was in Government in the 1980's

It genuinely is the most chaotic cess pit of a conference and a lot of the senior ministers and ex ministers clearly are using it to forward leadership challenges. Dorries is actually right, which is something I thought I would never type.

My vote for bizarre statement was Gove with “we have delivered Brexit and have given the £350m a week to the NHS”. I mean that is so palpably a lie it’s almost comic in less tragic circumstances.

Another thought - ou est Boris?

Another thought - ou est Boris?
He's got no interest in it now as even he knows there's no way back (he only wants the top job). Would struggle to get selected as a candidate in any vaguely safe seat (if they even exist) and then they've got minimum 5 years of opposition to come, which he has no interest in, a lot of work with no perks. By 2029 he'll be 65 and his CV is awful, and people hate him (at last).

He'll keep inexplicably getting money for unfunny speeches where he pretends he's forgotten where he is and writing a terrible newspaper column about cheese or whatever. Politically he is done, forever.

Thank the maker.

Mind you Truss did a load of damage in a very short time and the current incumbent is the most spineless PM I can remember who flip flops solely to try and please the factions he is afraid of. The populist lurch has delivered a succession of incompetents. Strange that.

Surely the most bizarre quote/statement of the week of Tory madness can be voted on?

1. Mark Harper telling conference that he''ll stop councils from stopping you from shopping.
2. Claire Coutinho repeating Sunak's meat taxes lie.
3. Therese Coffey claiming that she'll revoke the bendy banana legislation.
4. Michelle Donelan still claiming that her party is the party of facts despite being shown 3 clips of lies made by ministers.
5. James Cleverley having to visit the Falklands to stop Labour from handing them over to Argentina.
6. Liz Truss claiming that when PM, despite her policies crashing the economy, that they were/are all correct.
7. Penny Mordaunt now claiming that Labour will take the country back to the nightmare of the 1980's. Someone should tell her who was in Government in the 1980's
deserves a poll?
have been reading about how it is apparently a deliberate strategy by the tories to be putting a lot of these bullshit stories out there, as the foundation of their election strategy. They see it as a way of addressing the 20 point gap in the polls.
It is a brave strategy. Fundamentally if they continue to get called out on it though, it could be really phenomenally damaging for the brand of the party. They don't seem to mind being called the nasty party, but imagine if the party becomes synonymous with lying?

also, lot of noise that Street will resign if HS2 is scrapped or downgraded. Be interesting to see if he is solo on that, or others follow. Apparently a number of funders are really unhappy with the indecisiveness, watering down net zero, and culture war rhetoric.

Andy Street has a very, very weird taste in romantic partner and is unmistakeably a Tory, but he's also a really good guy. Always sticks up for the area and demonstrably puts the hours in.

The Tory hierarchy could learn a lot from him, there were decades and decades of politicians where people across the spectrum might think "I don't agree with him on all that much, but I respect him" and political parties didn't excommunicate people for disagreeing with the leadership on individual issues (and yes, you can throw this at Labour too, to a much lesser extent). They've irreperably vandalised their own brand in the short to medium term, you'd think as a staunch anti-Tory I'd welcome it but actually we do need a moderate(ish) right leaning party in our system. Because otherwise, where do those votes go, loads of people in this country are naturally conservative with a small c? To smooth brained, dangerous, not even thinly veiled racist morons like Farage, Tice etc, that's where, and their drivel becomes mainstream.

Andy Street has a very, very weird taste in romantic partner and is unmistakeably a Tory, but he's also a really good guy. Always sticks up for the area and demonstrably puts the hours in.

The Tory hierarchy could learn a lot from him, there were decades and decades of politicians where people across the spectrum might think "I don't agree with him on all that much, but I respect him" and political parties didn't excommunicate people for disagreeing with the leadership on individual issues (and yes, you can throw this at Labour too, to a much lesser extent). They've irreperably vandalised their own brand in the short to medium term, you'd think as a staunch anti-Tory I'd welcome it but actually we do need a moderate(ish) right leaning party in our system. Because otherwise, where do those votes go, loads of people in this country are naturally conservative with a small c? To smooth brained, dangerous, not even thinly veiled racist morons like Farage, Tice etc, that's where, and their drivel becomes mainstream.
Is it genuinely true about Fabricant then…?

Yeah, been public for quite some time.

Hampshire County Council on the verge of issuing their own section 114 notice. I wonder if they will be harangued as being to blame for mis-managing the finances like birmingham?

Speech in summary

A new education exam which will never happen unless Labour agree to pursue it after the next election
Binning off a massive project with billions spent with a load of promises about lots of other projects upon which not a penny will be spent before the next election so they can blame the other side for cancelling them
Some general lies
The bit about raising the smoking age year on year is great. I hope Jacinda Ardern sues him for nicking her idea that New Zealand have already implemented.
Paved the way to support cruella probably mining the beaches and arming the coastguard with naval artillery to kill lots of refugees and asylum seekers
And a nice transphobic snipe to complete the cuntery bingo card

He recognises the country needs change. Yep, and it’s going to get it next year.

Our very own power couple.
Both halves will be upset after todays announcement. Fabricunt who was against it, in that it still goes through his constituency to Handsacre near Kings Bromley whilst Street's opposition to its scrapping is widely known.

Back