• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Lettuce Liz then Tetchy Rish! and the battle to replace him

I could probably get away with only putting our general waste bin out every six weeks or so, vanishingly few things we use go in there.
Same here, our green bin gets quite a bit spring and summer but never run out of space. The recycling bin is the one that gets the most full, tbf it gets plastic, tin etc, but could easily go 2 cycles i.e. 4 weeks. Only 2 of us though.

Yet it makes him look like some weird child-man. The opposite effect.

The meat tax 'cancellation' had a positive impact. I doubt there's much more traction over the next 12 months unless there's an unpredictable moment, but shows how susceptible some are to the anti woke card. We don't normally do December elections, but given where the US is going he's best taking it the distance and trying to wave the Trump bounce

That will change when he stands up in Manchester and announces the scrapping of the northern section of HS2. His red wall vote will collapse as everyone sees levelling up as even more clearly a sham.

So it looks like Braverman is giving a speech calling for reform of or withdrawal from the UN Refugee convention. Just when you think they cannot stoop any lower she is in “hold my beer” mode.

That will change when he stands up in Manchester and announces the scrapping of the northern section of HS2. His red wall vote will collapse as everyone sees levelling up as even more clearly a sham.
Already collapsed I think.

So it looks like Braverman is giving a speech calling for reform of or withdrawal from the UN Refugee convention. Just when you think they cannot stoop any lower she is in “hold my beer” mode.
Giving a speech to an American right wing "think-tank" apparently. The main jist of which seems to be that just being gay in a country where homosexuality is illegal doesn't give you the right to asylum, unless there's actual evidence you're being persecuted for it.

The child of immigrants serving as Home Secretary in the uk under a prime minister who is also a child of immigrants claims that multiculturalism has failed.

Giving a speech to an American right wing "think-tank" apparently. The main jist of which seems to be that just being gay in a country where homosexuality is illegal doesn't give you the right to asylum, unless there's actual evidence you're being persecuted for it.
Only 1.5% of claims last year were on the grounds of homosexuality.

So if the Tories lose it'll be because for 10% of the electorate they aren't right wing and racist enough which would be funny in a sad kind of way.

Even if the Tories win by 1-5% it'll be an incredible swing from such a dominant seat.

Odds of 5-2 for a Conservative win.

Labour did well in local elections in the Town in May but had lost a by election in a ward that should have been an easy gain a few weeks before. Prior to that the town council was almost all blue and the Conservatives still control the council. Its a strange town in that it isn't a wealthy one*, isn't rural but has returned Conservative majorities in recent years that a stockbroker belt seat would be proud of.
It is an unusual town in that it does not have much in the way of an ethnic population (4%), compared to other local towns of a similar size (Burton 16% /Nuneaton 9%) which tends to feed into the right wing narrative that @Tony Towner mentions above.

* Little Aston and Shenstone are in its constituency boundary but are a minor percentage of the overall numbers.

And they won Uxbridge because of Ulez. So now fuckface declares another oil field open and fuck the environmental consequences. Absolute wanker.

There used to be a brand new large housing estate in Wicklow called Charlesland. Estate agents brought people round to look at the houses during the day, it looked lovely. Nice green area in front of the houses (Shaped in a 'U' and there were about 6 of them). But at night.... when everyone had come home!!
The design was actually crap, People came to see.... a huge untidy car park, cars on the grass, parked crooked cause they couldn't park straight. It was a massive car park with some house in it!
From what you guys are saying on here, how the fuck do people in 2 bed houses or small semis get on with parking 4, 5 or 6 wheelie bins outside the houses. It'd look worse than my car example.. Bins absolutely clogged, everywhere.

Back