• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Lettuce Liz then Tetchy Rish! and the battle to replace him

Oh it's definitely true and real, I'm surprised you're surprised.

The thing is there will be millions who agree with her too.
Didn't say I was surprised, just alarmed that anyone could suggest that a group of workers should go on strike when they're not actually working anyway. If she thinks it's wrong for them to go on strike, just say that.

Chris Pincher should be suspended for 8 weeks according to the Commons Standards Committee which should force through a by election via a petition notice if 10% of the electorate in Tamworth will sign it.

Could it be that history repeats itself in the Tamworth Constituency as a by election there in 1996 preceded a Labour General Election victory for the following year? It was the death of a Government whip rather than than sexual misconduct on that occasion.

In terms of their intelligence, is it possible that as we grow older and wiser (!?) that those around us appear less and less competent and less and less intelligent, or are they just the dregs?

I'm leaning towards the latter, 90s politicians just seemed so much "better" didn't they?

In terms of their intelligence, is it possible that as we grow older and wiser (!?) that those around us appear less and less competent and less and less intelligent, or are they just the dregs?

I'm leaning towards the latter, 90s politicians just seemed so much "better" didn't they?
60s-70s -80s-90s all seemed better despite their faults, they at least seemed to want to do a good job even if I questioned their methods.
It could of course just be I'm old and so all things were better in the old days😁

You may not have liked her, you probably fucking despised her, but Thatcher was a combination of a will of iron and cold hard competence.

The current lot have no will and no competence.

When you yearn for the decency of Major or Clarke it shows how scum filled the current Conservatives are.

You may not have liked her, you probably fucking despised her, but Thatcher was a combination of a will of iron and cold hard competence.

When you yearn for the decency of Major or Clarke it shows how scum filled the current Conservatives are.
Absolutely agree.

I hated her, and I don't often use that word, but I agree with every word you've put.

Truly hated her and out of pure stubbornness I cannot type out any agreement with that statement Pad.

Best you are getting is giving my head a wobble so can be seen as nodding...

Lots of us here could probably name a fair chunk of her cabinet as well, and know them by just seeing pictures, couldn’t do that with any of the past four prime ministers.
And they resigned if they fucked stuff up or bought embarrassment on the government

Lots of us here could probably name a fair chunk of her cabinet as well, and know them by just seeing pictures, couldn’t do that with any of the past four prime ministers
Well no, they change every couple of weeks!

Outside of
Sunak,
Hunt,
Gove,
Anderson,
Gulis,
Braverman,
Mordant
The others are faceless drones in cheap suits

Rifkind, King, Heseltine, Howe, Lawson, Whitelaw (I think), Hurd (might have been Major but I will stick it down), Joseph (the fucking cunt), Tebbit (the even bigger cunt). And thats a quick thirty second ponder.

Outside of
Sunak,
Hunt,
Gove,
Anderson,
Gulis,
Braverman,
Mordant
The others are faceless drones in cheap suits
Mordaunt - Mordant is a character is Steven Donaldson novels.

Gullis isn't cabinet is he? Surely not? The fucking cunt.

Lots of us here could probably name a fair chunk of her cabinet as well, and know them by just seeing pictures, couldn’t do that with any of the past four prime ministers.
And they resigned if they fucked stuff up or bought embarrassment on the government

That's the key point for me. Back in the day they took their role and parliamentary convention seriously. Fuck knows what counts a resignation worthy offence these days, the strategy is basically just to hunker down and ignore it until it blows over. Cunts

100% agreed. They knew if they were caught they had to go. This lot don't give a shit. So hopefully the election they all get the political red card from the electorate in their individual seats. I really would love to see Gullis on the dole for one. Braying cunt.

That's the key point for me. Back in the day they took their role and parliamentary convention seriously. Fuck knows what counts a resignation worthy offence these days, the strategy is basically just to hunker down and ignore it until it blows over. Cunts
Yep, at worst they get sacked as a minister (if they are one) then a few weeks/months later they're back in.

Also the suspensions, short lived and then quietly ushered back in (unless they're a lefty...)

Older Labour governments, ie not Blair/Brown :D

Desperate stuff.

I knew Andrea Jenkyns was an awful person, and not the brightest, but I didn't realise she originally got in by taking Ed Balls seat off him. Amazing that probably the most high profile casualty of the 2015 election lost out to a moron.

Back