• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Lettuce Liz then Tetchy Rish! and the battle to replace him

Chief secretary to the treasury when he thought that the markets were moving in the right direction.

Today...

“The chancellor has made clear that he doesn’t comment on the movements around the market and that goes the same for the prime minister.”

Last edited:
Na, much like Corbyn, Brexit, Johnson and now Truss it doesn't matter what happens and how much worse their decisions make it for themselves and everyone else, people won't admit they got it wrong.

I would, the by-election results over the last year and all polling show him to be an electoral liability these days. Plus he got sacked for being a lying cunt. He will still be a lying cunt in 2023.
Yeah but Tories gonna Tory.

"Come back all is forgiven"

If they are putting in votes of no confidence in Truss already, (which apparently they are) then they may see him as the best of a bad bunch to take on Starmer.

They're done regardless. Even if you immediately reversed Friday's lunacy, the economy is going to be in the toilet whenever a GE is called (can't be any later than 2024). Loads of their 2019 wins were on very small majorities which will have disappeared, especially in the North as they've done exactly the opposite of what they promised. Brexit will still be an unfixable mess that costs us materially, day by day. The talent pool within the Parliamentary Party was destroyed by Johnson and Cummings so even if you got a unifying figure as PM - and that is NOT Johnson, and never has been - then there aren't the people around him or her to back them up effectively. Natural voter fatigue after what will have been 12-14 years of Tory rule, for which there is virtually nothing to show.

He's a fundamentally unserious man whose disaster of a personal life (which inevitably and constantly bleeds into his professional life) and complete lack of morals or ideas make him uniquely unqualified for the task.

They might hospital pass it to a Gove or a Hunt, maybe.

Truss has even managed to avoid a new leader bounce factor in the polls - which included a week of unprecedented national mourning before she even had chance to fuck anything up.

Of course, she's achieved an astonishing amount in the 7 days since then. I would say fair play to her, except she's fucking up a hell of lot of things that will directly affect me, my family and anyone I know not earning 150k+. Which is everyone I know, basically.

Statement from the Chancellor...

On Friday 23 September, the Chancellor of the Exchequer, the Rt Hon Kwasi Kwarteng MP, set out how the government would fulfil its commitment to cut taxes for people and businesses and announced wider supply side policies to grow the economy.

Building on this, as the Growth Plan set out on Friday, Cabinet Ministers will announce further supply side growth measures in October and early November, including changes to the planning system, business regulations, childcare, immigration, agricultural productivity, and digital infrastructure.

Next month, the Chancellor will, as part of that programme, outline regulatory reforms to ensure the UK’s financial services sector remains globally competitive.

He will then set out his Medium-Term Fiscal Plan on 23 November.

The Fiscal Plan will set out further details on the government’s fiscal rules, including ensuring that debt falls as a share of GDP in the medium term.

In the Growth Plan on Friday, the Chancellor set out that there would be an Office for Budget Responsibility forecast this calendar year. He has requested that the OBR sets out a full forecast alongside the Fiscal Plan, on 23 November.

As the Chief Secretary to the Treasury set out this weekend, the government is sticking to spending settlements for this spending review period.

The Chancellor also confirmed that there will be a Budget in the Spring, with a further OBR forecast.

Absolutely no mandate for her stupid, would fail A-Level Economics ideas.

FdmCPnLXgAI6nlb

Halifax suspending mortgage offers that charge a fee - that’ll help growth…

How long before the few reasonable Tories are in open revolt? On the plus side this could result in the Tories losing credibility for a long, long time. It’s quite foreseeable that “but Truss” could eclipse “but Corbyn”.

Liz Truss getting a lot of stick on here but credit where it’s due, the cheese import numbers must be tumbling. I mean I love a bit of manchego, but I draw the line at £50 a slice.

Truss and Kwarteng have long since held batshit libertarian ideals that would never have been workable at any point in history, let alone right now in the middle of an energy crisis and with inflation already steepling, with Brexit tacked on like a catshit crumble for dessert. Just normally in this situation there's a grown up around to say "no dear, take your hand OFF the stove. It's hot". There isn't now.

This isn't a calculated move or even base, Johnson-style self-enriching corruption. She's just as thick as pigshit and won't back down. Like if someone insisted to you that Steve Bull should be Wolves manager and after you gave the million reasons why that is one of the worst ideas of all time, they still carried on.

Virgin have suspended mortgages to new customers. People on the radio just saying that house sale chains are collapsing as those at the lower end are having mortgage products pulled.

Virgin have suspended mortgages to new customers. People on the radio just saying that house sale chains are collapsing as those at the lower end are having mortgage products pulled.

Carnage.

Back