• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Lettuce Liz then Tetchy Rish! and the battle to replace him

They'll be putting out a recruitment drive for precogs shortly then I expect.

This blokes waiting for the call

Attachments

• 5960590E-D03A-4631-B0FE-3DA959B0C868.jpeg
    5960590E-D03A-4631-B0FE-3DA959B0C868.jpeg
    57.4 KB · Views: 5
Easy to get crime numbers down. Just don’t give out crime reference numbers.

A Lobbyist at the heart of government and still being paid by lobbying company? Paterson levels of cuntery and no wonder she was happy to back Johnson on that one.

It's not surprise that Andrew Neil writing for the Daily Mail allows him to show his true colours, but this is particularly tin foil stuff

"The global currency and debt markets have had a 'down' on Britain for some time. It's not clear why. Britain's debt-to-GDP ratio is among the lowest in the G7 club of big economies. Our budget deficit is on a par with many other major economies. Economic growth is anaemic — as it is everywhere, from the Eurozone to America to China.

I suspect it's a Brexit hangover. The publications global market players read most closely include the New York Times, the Economist, the Financial Times and leading European papers such as Le Monde and the Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung. All — and others like them — have been relentlessly negative about Britain since the 2016 referendum.

The latest edition of the Economist, in a typical sideswipe, opined that Truss's economic policy 'will not work', indeed it was 'doomed' — even though the magazine had gone to press before the Chancellor's statement.

This air of constant gloom has permeated global financial markets. Plenty of influential Remainers have been only too happy to encourage this negativity, if only to justify their anti-Brexit stance. But it does represent a serious constraint — a discipline even — on the Government's ability to borrow more than it already plans"

£1 = $1.0327.

Everything is fine though. Nothing to be concerned about at all.

Perhaps naively I thought it couldn’t really get much worse than Johnson but fucking hell, it’s almost like they actively trying to destroy the country. I really hope Tory voters are truly ashamed of themselves.

Perhaps naively I thought it couldn’t really get much worse than Johnson but fucking hell, it’s almost like they actively trying to destroy the country. I really hope Tory voters are truly ashamed of themselves.
Johnson was only really interested in being PM, other than being a populist he doesn't really have any politics. This lot do and it's scary. The top of this thread has posts including by me hoping that it was all for show to get elected, it wasn't. Meeting hedge fund managers 2 days before a budget that crashes the pound is just so transparent, yet nobody holds them to account for it

Johnson was only really interested in being PM, other than being a populist he doesn't really have any politics. This lot do and it's scary. The top of this thread has posts including by me hoping that it was all for show to get elected, it wasn't. Meeting hedge fund managers 2 days before a budget that crashes the pound is just so transparent, yet nobody holds them to account for it
Kuensberg was dreadful interviewing the chancellor yesterday. Didn't ask him one probing question about the city, hedge funds or trickle down economics.

It feels like the current lot are a caricature of 70/80s Tories, it all looks very dangerous.

Normally I just can’t be arsed discussing politics with the Tory voters I know, but I’d mentioned previously this cost of living crisis and blatantly obvious kick in the teeth to those previously deluded in thinking they were actually best protected and served by the Tories, would be a penny-dropping moment resulting in annihilation at the next election.

Armed with that confidence I’d dipped the toe back in the water two or three times recently only to quickly realise how utterly futile any hope of reasonable debate would be. I’ll accept the naivety in believing the otherwise more reasonable Tory voters I know might after all of this start to open their minds and think differently, but the depth of the entrenched views and toxicity underpinning them means you are pissing in the wind.

I’ll go back to not engaging again as it’s pointless. I used to have hope but I honestly think by this point anyone sticking with the Tories is either too thick or too pig-headed to feel ashamed. Those wankers running this country are utterly indefensible.

Normally I just can’t be arsed discussing politics with the Tory voters I know, but I’d mentioned previously this cost of living crisis and blatantly obvious kick in the teeth to those previously deluded in thinking they were actually best protected and served by the Tories, would be a penny-dropping moment resulting in annihilation at the next election.

Armed with that confidence I’d dipped the toe back in the water two or three times recently only to quickly realise how utterly futile any hope of reasonable debate would be. I’ll accept the naivety in believing the otherwise more reasonable Tory voters I know might after all of this start to open their minds and think differently, but the depth of the entrenched views and toxicity underpinning them means you are pissing in the wind.

I’ll go back to not engaging again as it’s pointless. I used to have hope but I honestly think by this point anyone sticking with the Tories is either too thick or too pig-headed to feel ashamed. Those wankers running this country are utterly indefensible.
Society in general has become polarised and entrenched. I put it down to a combination of social media, populism, Brexit and Bruno Lage

To be fair I shouldn’t have the word ‘thick’, that’s just a frustrated insult and most of the ones I know are far more intelligent than me.

I suspect that’s where the frustration comes from, by this stage any support is unfathomable but hey, what do I know.

Doncaster airport closing just a couple of weeks after Liz stated that she would keep it open.

In reply, the Prime Minister said she would make sure the new Transport Secretary, Anne-Marie Trevelyan, "is immediately onto this issue." Ms Truss continued: "She is already contacting the people in Doncaster and Sheffield to make sure we do protect this airport and we protect that vital infrastructure and connectivity that helps our economy grow."

Last edited:
FdkQ5dYXkAEZvr_

This is fine.

Back