• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Lettuce Liz then Tetchy Rish! and the battle to replace him

monkey-badum-tss.gif
Was worried I was losing my touch...but still got it šŸ˜Ž

The Home Office has admitted it has no evidence to back up one of the key justifications for its crackdown on small boat crossings.

As home secretary, Priti Patel, the Tory architect of attempts to tackle Channel crossings, told parliament in 2021 that ā€œ70% of individuals on small boats are single men who are effectively economic migrantsā€.

With the number of boat arrivals continuing to increase, Suella Braverman backed up her predecessorā€™s assertion in December last year by telling MPs: ā€œThere is considerable evidence that people are coming here as economic migrants, illegally.ā€

Human rights groups say such claims help create a false narrative that individuals travelling to the UK by boat are not genuine asylum seekers and are therefore less deserving of sympathy.

However, when asked to respond to a Freedom of Information request for evidence to support Patelā€™s claim, the Home Office admitted it had none.

Not going to hold my breath for the apology on getting that wrong.

Of course, if Jesus came here now on a boat with his uncle the pair of them would be sent to a detention barge then shipped off to Rwandaā€¦

FB_IMG_1681126382836.jpg

"It's all about political correctness isn't it? Children can't play conkers anymore or have snowball fights in case they are hurt. "

Can't they?

Am I naive in thinking the most people would find this kind of thing absolutely abhorrent? Not so much that the landlord did it, but that the home secretary defends it

Have a look at Adil Ray's Twitter timeline to see those who don't. Sometimes I have to remind yourself that Twitter gives you a distorted view of the real world

Richard Littlejohn said they can't so its true.

Political correctness is such as shitty thing to hide behind "Oh so I can't say racists thing now can I, fucking PC brigade"

"It's all about political correctness isn't it? Children can't play conkers anymore or have snowball fights in case they are hurt. "

Can't they?
Indeed they can, even elf n safety says so... However, I can't fly the flag of St George because it would be racist innit?

Will log out and bin admin duties for the day. Will sign in with one of my sock puppet accounts.

Now, Lupollet or the crazy 3 TV character I created....
You seem to post more once Cyber disappeared, not putting 2 and 2 together but the evidence is compelling.........................

Heā€™s definitely not cyber, that was a bloke with skin so thin he was transparent, always wondered how he ever coped being a copper, lot of people must have had accidents with stairs around him

Am I naive in thinking the most people would find this kind of thing absolutely abhorrent? Not so much that the landlord did it, but that the home secretary defends it

Ryley denied that she or her husband were racist. ā€œIā€™m not a racist in any form.ā€ She confirmed that her husband had been photographed in a T-shirt from the far right group Britain First. She said: ā€œI donā€™t think Chris is a supporter of Britain First, he was just wearing that shirt because it was convenient at the time.ā€

Ryley denied that she or her husband were racist. ā€œIā€™m not a racist in any form.ā€ She confirmed that her husband had been photographed in a T-shirt from the far right group Britain First. She said: ā€œI donā€™t think Chris is a supporter of Britain First, he was just wearing that shirt because it was convenient at the time.ā€
Might see a few Labour MP's partners in 'Fuck the Tories' T-shirts then.

Just because it was convenient of course...

Back