• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Lettuce Liz then Tetchy Rish! and the battle to replace him

How big is the lad on the left!

FsjBcEGXgAAKJBE

£11 trillion!

Or as the DIT have it, a +0.08% boost over an entire decade.

Why stop at £11 trillion if you're going to just make up ludicrous figures, say £500 trillion. Say anything.

Jenkyns is another absolute piece of shit who needs to go at the next GE.

For every £100 into the British economy, this’ll bring in an extra 8p

I genuinely wonder what the govt strategy is here? What do they think is going to happen? All these businesses going under because the government say they can't afford it?! For such big fans of capitalism they're shit at defending it.

Small businesses will be the ones that fail, which is why they don't give a fuck. As long as the Shells and BPs are making money that's all that matters

Even the discount is bollocks. Based on wholesale costs at the contract date rather than the actual price that the energy companies charged (50% + higher). Paying 50 odd pence per kw/h and a government discount of 1.9p. Supposed to be an energy intensive industry discount too for manufacturing companies but the you can’t even apply for it yet. How the feck schools and government buildings can pay for all this I’ll never know. There were rumblings that you could extend contracts so that the lower prices now can be factored into the overall length but no, the government hasn’t bothered with it. It’s a ticking bomb for all industries as you had to renew at sky high prices or fave even higher out of contract rates.

Braverman on the BBC this morning.

She insisted Rwanda was a safe country, despite evidence from the United Nations refugee agency that in 2018 a group of Congolese refugees were shot dead by police during protests over their living conditions in a Rwandan camp.
The home secretary said she was "not familiar with that particular case", but added: "That might be 2018, we're looking at 2023

‘Congolese refugee’ has a multitude of meanings in Rwanda. I wouldn’t want to draw any conclusions from that. It’s a clearly a very strictly ruled country and not one I would want to live in but the way some people paint Rwanda is rather disappointing.

As part of the agreement we are also taking refugees from Rwanda.

Although despite it being part of the agreement Suella believes we will get 0 arriving (presume if 1 arrives we will pop them on a plane to Rwanda)

That's quite an old article I think, but yeah. Cruella says that they can scale up quickly and almost infinitely, but we all know it's bollocks and that there won't be a single plane land there

Back