• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Keir Starmer at it again..

Ridiculous false equivalence.

Johnson had an affair with a staffer and forced her to have an abortion, can't or won't ever say how many children he actually has, paid some fiveheaded lunatic public money for what were definitely "IT lessons" and not sex, as a pandemic began to grip the country, ran away for a week because he had to sort out another divorce, and due to not being able to keep his chode in his pants is so massively financially compromised that he's in hock to all manner of iffy people all over the world.

Yeah, the same.
Spot on. I can safely add that at least Starmer wasn't chucked out of school....

I don’t think council tax will be reviewed unless they only bring in some super bands for hugely expensive properties. I’m sure he ruled it out in one of the questions today.

Labour waved through austerity in the early/mid 10s too, with barely a whimper!
Yep. Recall Darling and Brown trying to outdo Cameron and Clegg on who would 'deal with the deficit' quicker. Horrendous. Miliband looked like he might go a different way for while then bottled it. 😥

I don’t think council tax will be reviewed unless they only bring in some super bands for hugely expensive properties. I’m sure he ruled it out in one of the questions today.
Yep. There's no point him keeping taxes as they are then allowing councils to whack an extra 1k a year on your bill. Which leaves the question of what he will do of course. Birmingham council was just the beginning.

In reality taxes are going up whilst income tax thresholds are frozen. Any salary increase results in a greater portion of salary being taxed.

Still some work to do there then

I bet 90% of voters know Rishi didn't have Sky and he only mentioned it once

A) It refers to her economics when she was on the Bank of England graduate course, which was a little while ago to say the least
b) It is the opinion of a complete dunderhead who was such a brazen donkey he had to go and hide in the Australian jungle.

I would take orthodox to mean following established economic principles. There’s space within that to tackle poverty, the world being a giant bin fire etc, it’s just that recent governments haven’t done that, they’ve focussed policies the other way.

A fresh perspective and approach is needed, but “orthodoxy” doesn’t preclude that.

Why? It's pretty clear they won't borrow for every day spending by now, surely?

Yes - that's the balancing a nation budget is in no way similar to balancing a household budget argument. And it is in virtually every way totally correct.

Governments have a colossal amount more credit to access. So borrowing is obviously a lot easier to do.

The problem you get is when the level of borrowing to finance the interest on the borrowing you already have becomes dangerous, because, and I promise I am not picking on something you have said before here TP just to have a go, if you just print money (which any government can) TO EXCESS to get yourself out of a hole, you open up another hole that could potentially lead to the "wheelbarrow of notes to buy an egg" scenario. With all things, its about proportion and balance.

My concern is, until Labour win (and let's face it, it's more certain than most things) and get a look at the books, it's really impossible to know just how fucked things are. Until you know that, you can't pitch a sensible place to make the balance between spend and borrow. It would be finger in the air.

He's also finally been told a decent reposnse to the Corbyn question too.

Back