• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

It's Official!!: Europa League Thread

A nice 2 hr run, will have to dig out to see if any tickets going.

Mind you wouldnt mind going to the Faroes either, least we can go and visit the pyramids as well...

I'll give you the credit for that,made me laugh anyway.

Could be looking for Kilmarnock to do us a big favour by knocking out Partizan Belgrade. Would guarantee playoff round seed status for us I think.

Just had a look on Skyscanner. Only £67 return to Belfast from Birmingham (fly Thu, return Fri). That's cheaper than I thought it'd be.

How are they going to allocate them to the away season ticket holders though? Assuming they all have season tickets as well, they'll all have the maximum points won't they?

Ballot probably.

They could switch the game to Windsor Park I suppose.

Reading up on Crusaders, it appears they had Roy Walker as their manager in the 90s. No word on whether Mr Chips was up front though.

From Wolves website:

"Please remember, the dates of the fixtures, as well as possible fixture reversals regarding home and away teams for each leg, are still subject to change."

What would be the conditions for home/away changing?

Plus Sarejevo asking for a swap of legs with Celtic to allow an extra week to organise visas

It fries my brain to see a story on the BBC website about WOLVERHAMPTON WANDERERS draw in the Europa League. It's just crazy to think how far we have come.

Thankfully you have to scroll down a long way to find it as there are about 193,243,980 stories about the Women's World Cup above it on the main page.

Equivalent levels I suppose it would be like playing Kidderminster over 2 legs.

The Welsh League is about mid Conference North standard so I'm assuming the Northern Irish one is similar. We could play Deslandes and he wouldn't look out of his depth

Being kind on the Welsh League there

Both Crusaders and Torshavn would be relegated out of sight from the Conference North.

I was basing it on the previous Hednesford players who are now playing at that level. Perhaps top half of NPL would be more accurate

Just noticed that Mechelen lost their case and have appealed to CAS. Decision by end of June. That would have an effect on our playoff seeding potentially. Standard Liege would go into the groups so we wouldn’t have to worry about their coefficient. No news on that weird AC Milan story that I can see. It seems to have come from CalcioMercato so I am beginning to doubt the veracity

Seeing reports that it has been confirmed that AC Milan won't compete in the Europa League. Presumably good news for us then.

Back