• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

It's Official!!: Europa League Thread

Viitorul win cup final after extra time.

They are in the draw and Rangers are seeded

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If we did meet you at some point, what would be the allocation you would give us at Ibrox?

I imagine that in a reverse fixture we would give you the same as we gave Manchester United in the cup game (Steve Bull lower plus quadrant, roughly 4,500ish) but if you were stingy we would restrict you to just the Steve Bull lower (3,000 give or take).

If we did meet you at some point, what would be the allocation you would give us at Ibrox?

I imagine that in a reverse fixture we would give you the same as we gave Manchester United in the cup game (Steve Bull lower plus quadrant, roughly 4,500ish) but if you were stingy we would restrict you to just the Steve Bull lower (3,000 give or take).

There's no obligation for us to give 15% like in the FA Cup so there's no way in a million years we give them 4500. Especially as it's Rangers.

Every away side will get the quadrant upper. 900 seats, that's your lot.

We have 45000 season tickets holders in a 50000 stadium so it doesn’t leave much room anywhere. It would depend on the uptake but it would be pretty high.

I’d imagine you’d be given the same corner that every one else gets which holds around 800. There were occasions like Man United in the champions league where they got more and it was around 2200 but that was at a time where we had a limit on season tickets of 40k.

We used to allocate 7500 tickets for Celtic behind our goal and they’d give us similar at their pit but Rangers decided they wanted to offer more season tickets and slashed the allocation to 800 meaning they done the same.

If we give opposition teams the quadrant and that's reciprocated then we'll be ensuring more fans get to see our home games but the away ones will be carnage, particularly if we get to the group stage and people can plan.

If we give opposition teams the quadrant and that's reciprocated then we'll be ensuring more fans get to see our home games but the away ones will be carnage, particularly if we get to the group stage and people can plan.
I think we will be fair. The Steve Bull Lower will be offered if we play a big team.

I would think there are very few sides in those qualifiers who are likely to bring 800+ to Molineux.

I would think there are very few sides in those qualifiers who are likely to bring 800+ to Molineux.

That’s very true last year at Ibrox we had.

Shkupi (Macedonia) - No allocation taken.
Osijek (Croatia) - 200
Maribor (Slovenia) - 200/300
UFA (Russia) - No allocation

Group stages - Spartak/Vienna sold theirs out but Villarreal never brought many.

UEFA have some weird and wonderful rules you must offer an allocation of premium seats so in every game you have the rich fans in with the home fans and at Ibrox they are surrounded by a few stewards.

Have you guys been given any indication as to how away tickets will be distributed?

That’s very true last year at Ibrox we had.

Shkupi (Macedonia) - No allocation taken.
Osijek (Croatia) - 200
Maribor (Slovenia) - 200/300
UFA (Russia) - No allocation

Group stages - Spartak/Vienna sold theirs out but Villarreal never brought many.

UEFA have some weird and wonderful rules you must offer an allocation of premium seats so in every game you have the rich fans in with the home fans and at Ibrox they are surrounded by a few stewards.

Have you guys been given any indication as to how away tickets will be distributed?

We have a loyalty points system which we'll have in place for at least the qualifiers based on last season. It's the first time in 39 years we've been in Europe so if we get to the group stages I could see 10k going to somewhere like Seville or Milan irrespective of the number of tickets we have

We could do the rich fans in the quadrant. The back four or so rows of the lower tier are the posh padded seats and have access to the corporate area through manned doors so they can have a nice meal and a pint in an actual glass if that is their desire.

We have a loyalty points system which we'll have in place for at least the qualifiers based on last season. It's the first time in 39 years we've been in Europe so if we get to the group stages I could see 10k going to somewhere like Seville or Milan in the Group stages irrespective of the number of tickets we have

We have a travel club totally separate from season ticket 1 point per ticket you apply for quite simple really. I missed out on Rapid Vienna away as I was one point short but I went anyway and managed to get a ticket for the home end.

Trust me nothing better than an away day in Europe and I’d encourage everyone of you lads to do it if you can afford to.

I would love to but funds are tight. If we got to the group stage and drew either of the Milan giants, or Roma, or maybe Braga, I would have to sell a kidney!

We could do the rich fans in the quadrant. The back four or so rows of the lower tier are the posh padded seats and have access to the corporate area through manned doors so they can have a nice meal and a pint in an actual glass if that is their desire.

In our case Rangers will always charter a plane for the travelling squad and staff (most clubs do).
Spare seats on the plane are sold to journalists, big sponsors and for some reason Police Scotland always insist on sending two officers. Our premium seats are therefore taken by the sponsors on that flight generally they aren’t even like hospitality etc just a better view. Certainly at Ibrox they aren’t in hospitality seats just right on the half way line like amongst the regular fans. They don’t get any hassle because they are generally old guys and quite respectable people so it’s fine for them to mix in.

Which stand do you normally put the away section in these days? Never been to Ibrox and if we did draw you at any point in the competition I would be pointing my car up the M6 and heading to Glasgow for bloody sure.

Which stand do you normally put the away section in these days? Never been to Ibrox and if we did draw you at any point in the competition I would be pointing my car up the M6 and heading to Glasgow for bloody sure.

The section under the screen it can be extended slightly but you’ll see not very big.
87fbe2c6567e14d6bb746091d1c88c6a.jpg

I mentioned earlier in the thread that UEFA group teams before the draw...6 seeded numbered 1-6 and 6 unseeded numbered 7-12 so you know before it’s a possibility of those 6 teams. (It speeds up the draw meaning it’s a number out the hat every time for example team 2 will play 8 therefore every seeded team given number 2 will play every unseeded team given number 8)

UEFA have never been clear on the exact calculations of why you’re grouped with the teams you are, at one point it was said to be regionalised as best as possible but it had its flaws with country tensions some clubs were moved to different regions to prevent them being drawn against a nation rival and it caused some annoyance that low budget were being unfairly treated as they were moved and travel costs increased so they changed it but no one knows exactly what to. I believe now it’s semi random but with some regionalisation ie stop Ukrainian Clubs going to Russia. I’ve noticed other Scottish Clubs have been grouped with UK but we’ve not and to be honest I think UEFA want to keep us away from Ireland and England and therefore Wales comes into it to.

That is pretty similar to our lower quadrant by the look of it, size-wise. Decent view anyway, so that is good thing.

It would be pretty amazing to have one of those "battle of Britain" nights. We'll have to see what the draw throws up, I guess.

That is pretty similar to our lower quadrant by the look of it, size-wise. Decent view anyway, so that is good thing.

It would be pretty amazing to have one of those "battle of Britain" nights. We'll have to see what the draw throws up, I guess.

Agree it would be better in the group stages under the lights though. European football is crucial for us money wise so I’d like to qualify like we did this year as it meant we had 7 sold out home games (4 qualifiers and 3 group stage games)

Looking at the latest update of the Wiki page about the tournament (which is a nice way to see the draw shaping up) I note that Rangers and Aberdeen would both be seeded for the second round if you make it, but Kilmarnock would not.

Of those guaranteed to be unseeded so far, I would be delighted with AEL Limassol or Lechia Gdansk

Looking at the latest update of the Wiki page about the tournament (which is a nice way to see the draw shaping up) I note that Rangers and Aberdeen would both be seeded for the second round if you make it, but Kilmarnock would not.

Of those guaranteed to be unseeded so far, I would be delighted with AEL Limassol or Lechia Gdansk

Killie haven’t been in since 2001 so have no coefficient so like you lads are taking the nation coefficient and obviously the English one is far greater than Scotland.

I’d love for you to take Lechia Gdansk as they’d be an unseeded team id fear.

A lot of destinations are extremely hot at that time of year too which doesn’t help, we got lucky in Macedonia as it rained hours before it was warm rather than hot. IIRC Aberdeen played in Malta one season and it was 38 degrees at kick off.

Back