• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

It's Official!!: Europa League Thread

That's why you want to avoid the Israeli teams. July over there would be infernally hot.

Mind you, not that we can get them, Espanyol in Barcelona could be pretty warm. Sevilla would be very tough, as would Getafe, but they are already in the group stages.

I think our chances of seeding in the playoff round is beginning to look like we need someone like Legia Warsaw or Malmo biting the dust early. Partizan Belgrade getting in has really put us on the edge for that. Last year Burnley missed that seeding and got a pig of a draw in Olympiacos.

Being from Corby I'd like to see us play Rangers, I used to outright hate them as a kid, due to the amount of Rangers fans in the town, but would be just interested now. They pretty much send a team to play Corby town every year now it feels like, which i appreciate them doing.

I would be delighted to get Rangers in a group, if we got there. For sure. Not in the qualifying rounds though.

I really want us to make that group stage and see where our seeding puts us. We would (if we made it, touching a bucket load of wood) be on the cusp of Pot 2 or Pot 3. If we ended up in 3, we would be the team that everyone in 1 and 2 would want to avoid.

The father in law is a Rangers season ticket holder & my mrs used to work at Ibrox. I’ve been to quite a few games with him - the first two being draws, so he was adamant I was a curse! I’ve experienced the Lauden Tavern many a time on a matchday... quite an experience, too!

I’d prefer to draw them in the later rounds if I’m honest...

I think our Portuguese, Mexican and Spanish players can handle the hot climate and the only other two “runners” in the team not from such Climates are probably our two fittest players.

As for the allocations, EL page on web says it needs to be 5% of capacity. I assume Rangers get away with it in league due to policing issues with Celtic and other teams having no fans. But this wouldn’t be the case against Wolves in the EL so I’m sure they’d have to give us 2k or so.

As AndyGers says further up the thread, they gave Manchester United 2200. I don't think they would for us as the section between Broomloan Road and Sandy Jardine stands that he has shown doesnt look like a lot of opportunity to expand it for away fan demand.

At the end of the day, it is a club with a fucking boatload of STHs. They get accommodated first. Ask yourself whether you would be happy at our STHs missing out to create a bigger away section.

Well it would never happen as there are rules to stop it

If the rules state we have to do it then we have to do it. Pie and a Pint vouchers on standby

If the UEFA rules are 5% then we are absolutely fine with the quadrant upper and lower even if we went deep into the tournament.

If the UEFA rules are 5% then we are absolutely fine with the quadrant upper and lower even if we went deep into the tournament.

The rules are there to be amended Rapid Vienna wanted more but police rejected it and therefore it’s fine with UEFA.

I think we ended up giving Rapid about 1000.

Ibrox isn’t very well suited to giving huge away allocations unless it’s the full Broomloan stand. You’ll find most of the time it’s not a problem as teams in Europe are less likely to travel in massive numbers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do NOT want Rangers, either in the group stage or qualifiers for the same reason many fans on here don't want to play WBA. It would just be too much unnecessary bother. Rangers fans are complete arseholes, ours will rise to the bait, there will be police all over, etc etc.

Would genuinely rather someone like Cracovia. At least they wouldn't any more than 50-60.

Hmmmmm

We'll see I guess. Of the glasgow giants, and they are both giants, I would personally prefer Celtic (sorry AndyGers - please don't take that personally), but that is no reason to assume that Rangers fans will be a mare if we played them. Police will assume that for sure, and it will be a police state, but I don't think there would be huge bother.

I do NOT want Rangers, either in the group stage or qualifiers for the same reason many fans on here don't want to play WBA. It would just be too much unnecessary bother. Rangers fans are complete arseholes, ours will rise to the bait, there will be police all over, etc etc.

Bead rattlers like you, maybe...

FWIW I don't want any Scottish teams. Give me glamour, give me culture, give me enigmatic pretty girls. I'm not getting those in Govan.

I don't want any Scottish,Welsh or Irish teams,it's our first European adventure for a while,let's do it properly in Albania or Moldova

Hmmmmm

We'll see I guess. Of the glasgow giants, and they are both giants, I would personally prefer Celtic (sorry AndyGers - please don't take that personally), but that is no reason to assume that Rangers fans will be a mare if we played them. Police will assume that for sure, and it will be a police state, but I don't think there would be huge bother.

I don’t want to turn this into a Rangers/Celtic thing I really don’t. Unfortunately Manchester 2008 will cause a lot of opinions to be made. I’ve followed Rangers everywhere and never seen bother sadly the little incidents that happen tarnish the reputation. We’ve been in Sheffield/Derby/Bristol with huge numbers without incident.

It’s been reported up here that English FA will reject any friendlies with Celtic due to their fans (see Sunderland away)

Who cares anyway? The majority of both sets of fans are well behaved sadly we have such big fan bases so there’s a lot more idiots.

Obviously the draw will change but the possibilities so far are Lokomotiv Plovdiv (Bulgaria), Lechia Gdansk (Poland), Viitoral Cotstansa (Romania), AEL (Cyprus). We must wait to see about the Albanian and Moldovan possibilities.

I don’t want to turn this into a Rangers/Celtic thing I really don’t. Unfortunately Manchester 2008 will cause a lot of opinions to be made. I’ve followed Rangers everywhere and never seen bother sadly the little incidents that happen tarnish the reputation. We’ve been in Sheffield/Derby/Bristol with huge numbers without incident.

It’s been reported up here that English FA will reject any friendlies with Celtic due to their fans (see Sunderland away)

Who cares anyway? The majority of both sets of fans are well behaved sadly we have such big fan bases so there’s a lot more idiots.

All of that.

I've never really understood the attachment of English fans to a Scottish team, Collymore on Twitter and his plastic Celtic supporting is tedious to say the least. Being an atheist I don't side either way on religious grounds, so am ambivalent on the Glasgow clubs

Back